Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility bills & corona virus

posted by Halfpint78 | 5 months ago
What are Scottish Power planning to do to help it's customers during the corona virus outbreak? My company has just halved my working hours and may end up shutting down altogether, so I will struggle to pay my monthly bills.
Now is the time to show how much you value your customers SP!
12 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
Re: Utility bills & corona virus

Have a look at this:

https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Extra-Help/Coronavirus-COVID-19-information-for-ScottishPower-customers/ta-p/15029

Highlighted

posted by Beh | 5 months ago
Same dilemma. I was trying to contact SP through chat but no one is replying. Bills are expected to come up with all the extra cooking, gadgets on for the kids, heating, laundry etc. This are extreme circumstances and customers needs help one way or another.
Highlighted

posted by TrevorAW | 4 months ago

We are a small business and have had to close our shop. Our currently monthly Direct Debit is £180 per month. The Scottish Power website will not allow us to reduce this, even though our shop is closed and is not using any electricity. We are not in arrears so they absolutely do not need to be taking £180 a month from us. They are now saying to only call them if you are in danger of being without electricity.  Yet when you look at the (limited) information about people with affordability issues it says "contact us to discuss".

This is mega unhelpful. Of all the utility companies that I use (both commercial or domestic) Scottish Power is being the least helpful. 

Highlighted

posted by charlottemarman | 4 months ago
Hi,

Everyone in my uni student house has moved out due to the Coronavirus. How can we reduce payment to the bare minimum? We are currently paying £107 per month plus the payments can change depending on estimated bills. I’m concerned that even though the house is not in use the estimated bills will continue to be high. Our contract doesn’t end until September.

Please can you provide more information on student housing and paying bills.

Regards,

Charlotte
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@charlottemarman    The first thing to do is to read your meter and put in an actual reading on line. This will correct the estimates.  Normally you could also tell SP of the changed situation by phone, but that is not available for now.  If you put in another reading in a few weeks time it will confirm the low consumption.

Highlighted

posted by charlottemarman | 4 months ago
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to submit readings. It has been wrong from the start. I have tried numerous of times to submit but failed. I have also spoken to your SP team frequently about this but they do not know how to read reading from the smart meter installed in the property.

Alongside this, no one will be back in the property until September so there is no way a reading will be possible anyway. Is there anyway your system can make a note that the property is empty?

All the best,

Charlotte
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@charlottemarman    Sorry you cannot input readings, because of the emergency no-one can help you for now. Try again in a few weeks, take a reading so you can tell them when they are available again.  You are not talking to SP here, the community is for customers.  You can also try contactus@scottishpower.com

Highlighted

posted by Raini77 | 4 months ago
I have had my hours cut due to Corona virus and would like to put on hold paying back the amount I owe due to swapping companies pls can you give me some advice so it doesn't go to a debt company
Thanks
Highlighted

posted by george_a | 4 months ago
I have recently joined SP on dual fuel, had smart meters fitted but told the gas meter can't send a reading? So on contacting the call centre was told to provide either a phone reading or an on line account reading. How ever YOU have to provide an electricity reading before you can provide a gas reading both by phone or or online. What a waste of time!!! Now with the latest pandemic the on line account appears to be useless. No info on usage, no updates. I provided a meter reading 2 days ago by phone, site has not been updated to show date last meter date submitted? So you can't manage your account, it's a farce.