Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HOLD OF SOMEONE?!

posted by PewPew | 8 months ago

Why is it so hard to get hold of someone?!

2 appointments to have my PAYE meter to standard meter and no one turns up again! Try to call SP and the queue is an hour long?! RIDICULOUS! 

Try online chat, even that is busy! 

I just want to speak to someone and complain. I'm fuming!

20 comments

posted by EmmaC | 8 months ago
Re: WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HOLD OF SOMEONE?!

Have you had any luck? I have tried the call back service only to be put back in a queue, spent over 3 hours in queues and no answeer and like you even the on line chat is busy.

posted by Harassed | 8 months ago

I agree with you it is just about impossible to get hold of anybody to speak to you . I thought it was a normal days  working.. This is not the first time I have had difficulty contacting anybody and as a very elderly lady I am thinking  of leaving them, because of the service.

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

Question ; WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HOLD OF SOMEONE?!

Answer ;  Because it is the Christmas and New Year holiday period and call centre staff are at home with their families.  

posted by SteveSmith | 8 months ago
I’m having the same issue. On phone listening to Music for ages. Went online and says “No chat available” and have now sent a message using app which is not seen. If they can’t be available during the hours they state then don’t say it!
Highlighted

posted by PaulaM | 8 months ago
I finally got on an online chat with an assistant after 2 days of trying and being ignored. They told me as my smart meter had broken to load the app. I did this, it doesn’t work!! No phone number to speak to someone, let’s see how they read my meter now Smiley Wink

Sorry you had a holiday problem. The smart meter does not need an IHD in order to transmit. The App and the IHD are only for the customer’s information. They should both reset by themselves after a few days. The meters will continue to work normally.

posted by Mussie | 8 months ago

smart meter working fine as far as I know but according to my account the reading is 3 times higher than on my smart metre unable to speak to anyone either on the phone or any other means no email address to get hold of someone if I have no success when the holidays are over I am thinking of leaving them after many years of good service it really is annoying . lets see if they read any of these complaints. PS. I realise they will be short staffed because of the holidays but I feel they could have put some thing in place for this period.

The IHD and App £ values often go wrong. The important thing is the kWh unit numbers which should be exactly the same. These are what leads to your bill calculation. You can email if you need to;

contactus@scottishpower.com

posted by MemyselfI | 8 months ago
Indeed it is!!!! They play some decent tunes I guess, but I'd like to talk to a fellow human being. I am certain there are many more human beings with one eared glued to their phone waiting in Limbo for somebody ANYBODY!!!! ha, to talk....what did the late great Steve Hawkins say? As long as we keep taking....???? So employ more humans Scottish Power, you know it makes sense!