Re: Warm Home Discount 2020/2021
I hope you get better luck than me
They haven't given me that excuse yet, plenty of others though

posted by sazzybee73 | 8 months ago
Good luck x

posted by johnanthony | 8 months ago

Called them today and, while I do not doubt the guy believed what he was saying, it all sounded a bit like prepared obfuscation and prevarication.

Essentially SP need a "tracker" from DWP to ensure the voucher, which goes to those on Universal Credit with Prepayment Meters and energy costs over 10% of their income, 47% for me in winter, arrives at the right place.

Very understandable and laudable, except the DWP don't seem to know what I'm on about..... 

posted by Rosaline | 8 months ago
Hi Sazzybee73, they’ve told me a lot of applications have gone missing, someone else from SP has told me the payments are behind due to covid. I too am on a prepayment meter and I applied in August. Since mid February I’ve emailed, rang and messaged them and still no satisfaction from them. I found an email address of their CEO so I’ve emailed him this morning, no reply yet. I’ll give it another couple of days and I’ll be on the phone again. I don’t know whether citizens advice would be able to help.

posted by johnanthony | 8 months ago

Back again,  spoke to an Energy Advisor who said there was no "tracker" on mine as it's a completely seperate process but the fact they did not take my WHD Reference seems to suggest it's one of a range of stock repsonses they are now giving.

He advised thay are behind because of the Pandemic but are reluctant to admit it.
The payments are coming out but I was told to "remind" them twice a week until it arrives, he said "pester them , but don't tell them I said that!" . 

posted by Elham864 | 8 months ago

posted by Qing | 8 months ago
Me too, i received warm home discount many year, but this year still not yet receive

posted by Jimmy1 | 8 months ago
I applied for the Warm Home Discount in September or October for my pre-payment meter and I still haven't recieved it yet. I've been on Universal Credit since 2018 which means im eligible. Is anyone else in the same situation?

posted by Mickyb | 8 months ago
I didn't get mine automatically, so I called them. Was manually assigned top up for the warm home discount. Was given top up numbers over the phone. They didn't apply it to their billing system. Now my account shows £89 in debit. And I'm on pay as you go as well. I've had to tell them where they went wrong as they didn't have a clue. I also get 20 messages a day on my in house smart display saying welcome to the benefits of smart. Had it fitted in November. Been told they can't stop messages which I find unacceptable.

posted by Rosaline | 8 months ago
I’ve just found out that it’s not a first come first served for the WHD. Which I think is fair enough it lets other people get it who have not received it before. However I think out of courtesy Scottish Power should let us know if we’ve been declined it. If I knew for certain I wasn’t going to get it I’d move energy suppliers, Scottish Power is rated as the 2nd worst energy company in the U.K. no surprises there then.