Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by whiteowl | 12 months ago
Re: Warm Home Discount Scheme Payments 2020

I have been with SP since the WHD was payed  and i have every year had a payment. Reading comments over the years a lot of people do not know how it works  with different suppliers. and may i say do not bother to find out. 

posted by golddigger | 12 months ago

Since the Warm Home Discount was started , I've had my payment regularly paid off my energy account.   Except this year with Scottish Power, I have had nothing but trouble with SSE. As soon as I'm able, I will be moving to another company. 

posted by suresh | 12 months ago

Scottish Power are playing with old age people on pension and benefits. They got the money from government but are holding it back for their own purpose and telling people "sorry the case is closed" you have to reapply now for 2020??

What nonesense is this??

posted by Davc | 12 months ago

@suresh    There are two Warm Home schemes.  One is paid by automatically by DWP, the other is paid by energy companies, it must be applied for each year and the 19/20 winter scheme is closed now, the 20/21 scheme will open after the summer.   Energy companies do not 'Sit on your money'. If you applied successfully each year they pay you and claim the money back from government.     Remember to apply again for 20/21 this Autumn. Good luck. 

posted by suresh | 12 months ago

Thanks Davc (Radiating Knowledge) mentioned you in a post!  
for your enlightening post!! 
Only ignorant at Scottish Power should be aware of this!
I as a customer for last 10 years or more, am quite aware of the procedure and the applicable law since my retirement at age 65.
I am not paid although I had applied in time &  all the required details were sent out to Scottish Power agent's sub agent  in Peterborough!! if "the so called agent" have lost my application after confirming to me of reciept. Who is to be blamed?? This is what I am told and I will not accept this nonsense!!
I am so sorry and my apology if I am rude or out spoken! but surely i am annoyed!!

Suresh Patel

posted by Davc | 12 months ago

@suresh   Thanks for the reply.  It is more secure if you apply online without telephoning anyone.  If the application is successful you will get an email with  a reference number. 

posted by Kimberley56 | 12 months ago
Hurrah!! Finally got my £140 put on my meter! No email to let me know, so keep checking your smart meter balance.

posted by whiteowl | 12 months ago

That's nice to know. Thank you.

posted by mag2020 | 11 months ago

When is this going to be paid ? I was assured when I switched to Scottish Power  from British Gas iend of 2019  I would be able to apply and qualify for this payment. 2020.

posted by Davc | 11 months ago

@mag2020   You would have to apply to SP after you left BG, did you apply?   If not you have missed this year.