Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by suresh | 2 years ago
Re: Warm Home Discount Scheme Payments 2020

SP is just bluffing under the prretext of Coid 19 virus!!the money from goverment is already there and they should pay iit out

so far i had no payment in my bank accout

Wake up Scottish Power!!

posted by martin65 | 2 years ago

I have not recieved my warm home discount yet please advise,

posted by Kazza53 | 2 years ago
I have just noticed mine has been paid into my electricity account. Am annoyed as I usually split it between my two accounts gas too. Am really grateful for the extra help but surely it would be better split between both accounts. I use lots of gas as iam disabled and have gas heating. Not much in the way of electricity, so am sitting here with £13 in my gas and £140 in my electricity.!!!?? Come on scottish power use your initiative if someone has both accounts with you!

Check your meter, its been paid into mine when i usually get cash.. 😔

Check your meter mines has been paid into my account instead of cash...

posted by jpnpjskf1819 | 2 years ago

i had a lot of problem with scottish power since i moved home 2years ago ...i am disable and have cotact them before lock was told that i met their terms and would have it paid in march -april . well we near the end of april ....and no sign of it ....but they can still issue bill by post on on line so why cant they issue these payment. lots of company are going to use the cov-19 as an excuse not to deal with their promises

posted by whiteowl | 2 years ago

I am sorry not everyone has received their WHD payments but just to clear up a couple of points. The discount has always been paid into your elect account as a credit, not gas. This is because everyone has a elect  account. People on pepayment usually get vouches to put on their meter.

DWP only tells the power companies if people are in the core group and they should receive the payment automatically. Others have to apply in the broader group every year. Not everyone gets this as you have to receive certain benefits, and thease are on the application form. You will get an email with a reference number if you qualify.  They do not pay it as cash into your bank account. 

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

@whiteowl   Good advice, you are the expert for us in the community on Warm Home Discount.

posted by Twinklelittlest | 2 years ago
I still haven't received my WDP yet I have never had to wait this long before . I get the benefits that includes in the WDP .I am Disabled with Chronic Heart Decease Asthma Osteoarthritis. I rely on this payment as it need to heat my home to be able to keep well for my health.

posted by suresh | 2 years ago

WHD payment is just a gimic of either Government or indiividual Energy companies who are mendling with public finanances at expense of their senior citizens & disable cusomers!!

Its time the Goverment intervenes and make power compnies to pay up im timefor WHdiscount scheme qualifiers.

Over the last 7 or 8 years since the inception of the scheme i have been paid only once in year 2018!! what a fiasco they blame DWand Pension!!!

i call it a bullying technique by Scottish power!!

suresh