Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by RayP | A year ago
Re: Warm Home Discount Scheme Payments 2020
I haven't received mine and either and both myself and my partner have been out of work due to Corona virus

posted by ludocat | A year ago

I’m having problems with this scheme too... 

When I joined SP in April last year I was told my situation meant I was included in my account and I’d be paid at the end of March. It was a bit frustrating as I needed the refund to be applied sooner, but I understood I would have to wait.

I did actually get to speak to an advisor this week (after many many attempts and queuing) and I explained that the Warm Home Discount had still not been applied. They said they would put me through to another team who could help. I waited in another queue and then the line was cut off. I was so fed up. 

Today is the first time I’ve been well enough to check my account again. It’s still not there and they’ve also closed the scheme. I joined ScottishPower because their customer service levels were reportedly really good. I wished I’d stayed with my old supplier as they managed it well, had a nice team who dealt with the scheme and most importantly paid it to people who really rely on it. 

Scottish Power - I’m not a happy customer. Looks like I’ll be speaking to my old supplier. 

posted by kars1979 | A year ago
I’m wondering if the fact our tariff ends this month has anything to do with the delay in payments. Funny how they’ve time to email people telling them to not cancel their direct debits and you can lower your amount. How about paying the vulnerable their warm home discount like other suppliers have? Certainly not making me want to stay after my tariff ends

posted by missyh | A year ago
Hi
Just wondering when warm home discount is paid was expecting it end of March

posted by Monkee | A year ago
I was wondering when this was going to be paid?
I'm sure anyone due it would find it very handy at this current time.

posted by nanasue | A year ago

I too am waiting anxiously for the payment to go into my account

as I’ve just logged in there was a message saying all services operating normally in that case someone should get on with sorting this out

people who are entitled to the discount are obviously in need of it or they wouldn’t qualify !!

Come on Scottish power help us out here it’s not like it’s your money anyway that you should hang on to !

posted by AnthonyWard | A year ago

I also was told just a few days ago that my claim has been aproved and i will get my payment by the 31st of march fobbing me off telling me to call back in a few days after the 31st if i still have not recieved it so when i called today the call center was closed as if she knew it would be and i also was relying on the payment having a cronic lung condition and not being able to leave the house i realy thin my loyaltys to scotish power have been spent and as soon as this crisis is over i will be changing my provider 

posted by JessH | A year ago
I got Warm Home Discount last year the only thing that changed is that I now get UC and earn a very small wage. I received a text from Scottish Power letting me know that I was eligible for the Warm Home Discount but have not received any letters or vouchers.... I am a single mum and am a self employed Cleaner who isn't working due to everything with COVID-19. I understand that it's a massive struggle for everyone but a lot of people rely on these vouchers and are expecting them to help us all get by. We can only contact Scottish Power in emergencies but for people like me this is an emergency!

posted by Kimberley56 | A year ago
I phoned a few weeks ago to see where my payment was, and was told the DWP had gave SP the money and SP would put it on my smart meter which I assumed would be right away. Still Waiting.........

posted by MNeale2008 | A year ago
I don't know if people have seen but you can now change and reduce your scottish power direct debit at this COVID-19 time as many times as you want and as low as you can get it. I have just been on and reduced mine - I don't see why I should pay more when I'm owed the Warm home scheme deposit from yesterday.

I suggest to a lot of you to go on and do the same. Good luck.