Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warm Home Discount Scheme

posted by sarah2000 | 4 months ago

I've not heard about my application for a Warm Home Discount. I've been waiting months. How long does it usually take? I can't see any sign of it being applied to my bill.

17 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by mickeydee2018 | 4 months ago
Re: Warm Home Discount Scheme
Scottish power have advised all payments will be made by 31st March, I received mine only a few weeks ago so I wouldn't worry ☺

That's great. Thank you for your reply

posted by Walker | 4 months ago

How do I apply to Scottish Power for the Warm Home Discount Scheme?

posted by mickeydee2018 | 4 months ago
Hi Walker, the Warm home discount scheme for the current year has closed to new applications, please find more info on this and other ways Scottish power can help here https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Help-paying-your-bill/tkb-p/commitment-to-our-customers

When was the scheme closed? I applied in October 2017 and have had no communication at all apart from an email confirming receipt of my application.

posted by Shazflee | 3 months ago
I applied for the warm home discount in November and I understand that payments are made up to 31st of May, but I am classed as vulnerable and in receipt of ESA benefit. . I am currently struggling to stay warm in my home due to the winter temperatures and need the payments now rather than in another 3 months time. Is it possible to speed up sending payments as soon as possible due to my circumstances.??

posted by JohnRoss | 3 months ago
Hi. I recieved my award letter this morning for the £140 WARM HOME DISCOUNT. it was a much welcome letter i can tell you. I applied months ago and forgot all about it.

posted by Jules55 | 3 months ago

Did anyone else only get £133.33 warm home discount from Scottish Energy? I don't know why they pay this when it should be £140 , I got the full amount from Sainsburys Energy last year

posted by whiteowl | 3 months ago

You do get the  £140  it is just broken down with the vat on your bill.