cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Warm Home Discount Scheme

posted by Ted01 | 2 years ago

Hi 

Im new to scottish power and was wanting to know when they open for warm home discount applications 2018/19

Thanks

12 comments
Highlighted

posted by harlow | 2 years ago
Re: Warm Home Discount Scheme

hi when cani apply for warmfront discount for2018

Highlighted

posted by HeatherG | 2 years ago
The warm home discount page says it is closed to the broader group. I am guessing that applies to those who don't automatically apply from their benefit status.
I am in the broader group and I was accepted in to the scheme last year, but I need to know if I am still in the scheme for this year if anyone can help.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

Hi  This answer was posted recently on a different thread

The gov.uk website states that the 2018/19 scheme opens on 15 October 2018 - see https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

Highlighted

Thank You Davc, that is very useful.

Now I only need to know If Scottish Power is still providing the rebate for the broader group and if I have to re-apply for it each year ?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

Hi Heather, You have to ask SP about their policy, we don't know in this forum what will happen. 0800 027 0072

Highlighted

posted by Legaleagle18 | 2 years ago
You will have to "Jump through burning hoops " to get an answer from anyone at Scottish power on this
Highlighted

posted by Legaleagle18 | 2 years ago

posted by Legaleagle18 | 8 minutes ago
Re: Robbing people with false bills
Scottish Power should be regulated more by the powers that be They are causing disabled vulnerable customers excessive long standing unnecessary stress. They fail to address complaints effectively, they are notorious for hiking up disabled customers disproportionate prices, In addition to this they fail to allow disabled customers access to the warm home front discount, applications for the W.H.D no applications are not on line, neither is there a telephone number for one to apply by phone, other fuel companies disclose the Warm Home discount on their websites & do not try to hide the discount as Scottish power constantly do. I have experienced nothing but distress & anxiety since being a customer which impacts greatly on my lung c condition other health conditions & my mobility. I would not recommend Scottish power their customer service is inconsistent during complaint closure procedures, nothing is action ed that has been agreed & not resolved Appalling service
Highlighted

posted by belknap | 2 years ago

i have been with scottish power re. manweb for over 30 years only because they seem to be the only ones that do a electric meters that splits my storage heating to half at night and half during the day which works better for us and means that the heaters are still warm at night .however like the last post stated it is a shocking company to deal withi have even written to the m.d. in glasgow but never had a replay to my complaint .if i could move to another supplier who did the TWIN HEAT  A type meter i would move to day. 

Highlighted

Hi, I have been in touch with Scottish Power about the Warm Home Discount for 2018/19 and they said to keep looking online if nothing appeared then give them a call in September if nothing has been put on the website.