Did you mean: 

Warm Home Discount Scheme

posted by Hannah | 4 years ago

Am I too late to get this?

i have 3 children, one is disabled. I didn't know about the scheme until today

25 comments

posted by anne | 4 years ago
Re: Warm Home Discount Scheme
My husband gets pip does he qualifie for warm home discount he already gets winter fuel payment

posted by Kelley | 4 years ago
Why is it saying closed and on the government site it says they have reopened it till the 31st of January help ? This was supposed to been sorted out when I rejoiced sp and I don't expect to be called a liar by one if there staff over a phone call

posted by  Gordon | 4 years ago

Hi @Hannah, I'm really sorry but applications are now closed for this year. After the automatic qualification, warm home discounts are awarded in the order they are received if eligible. Unfortunately we have already reached the limit for the number of applications this year which is why applications have closed early. 

There are also alternative support options available to help with paying bills, you can see them here: https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Help-paying-your-bill/tkb-p/commitment-to-our-customers

For the original eligibility criteria for the warm home discount, you can see it here: https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Help-paying-your-bill/Warm-Home-Discount-Scheme/ta-p/14

posted by Hannah | 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply Gordon, why have you reached a 'limit' though? 

Its not very fair. I pay £140 a month for gas and Electric, which is a lot for a lone parent! I'm sure Scottish Power can do something?

@Hannah wrote:

Am I too late to get this?

i have 3 children, one is disabled. I didn't know about the scheme until today

posted by iserlohn | 4 years ago

When can I next apply for Warm Home discount?

posted by Yaz | 4 years ago
I couldn't apply for the whd it kept freezing when I pressed submit app and i tried many times on numerous devices and now it says it's closed no more applications someone pls help

posted by Yaz | 4 years ago
Hey sorry to be barrer of bad news but applications r closed which sucks because I tried lots of times before it closed and it kept freezing the page they closed it early.

posted by Valerie | 4 years ago

How disgraceful, I asked about this scheme prior to changing over to this Company.  The lad I spoke to was very helpful, going through all necessary procedures but on trying to apply on my behalf it seems I had not been allocated an account number.  He assured me he would make application on my account when a number was given.  It now appears that this has not been the case and the window has closed, despite the Government  DWP website which states end of January 2018.

I have made telephone calls to rectify this and been told that I can make a complaint but it is unlikely to allow the funding to be processed, how disgusting is this?

Living on a tight budget, with disabilities in the household I will probably have my direct debit payment increased beyond my means due to the failure of action by a member of Scottish Power staff!!!!

Horrified is not the word!  A complete failure by a member of staff has cost me dearly.

posted by Valerie | 4 years ago

So, I was advised yesterday that I have a complaint number allocated about this situation and a manager will be ringing me today between 08.00 and 12.00.

I waited in all morning on this call NOTHING!

Someone somewhere has to take responsibility  for the failure of the correct transfer of my business, including the WHD which was fully discussed in August, prior to my account number allocation and the business being transferred.

Please......someone......contact me