Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Warm home discount scheme

posted by MIAMARCIE2018 | 6 months ago
Applied for this quite a while ago with Scottish power and I'm still waiting it's been a long time now from my application .I have recieved an instant reply when I was with my old provider eon and only waited a few days for my voucher .
19 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Warm home discount scheme

@MIAMARCIE2018   You should have had an email confirmation. The credit to your account goes on at the end of the winter. If you think your application did not work you could apply again, if you are already registered the computer will tell you. 

Highlighted

posted by MIAMARCIE2018 | 6 months ago
Thankyou for your assistance.
Highlighted

posted by rless | 6 months ago

When I was with Npower the warm Home Discount was applied to my November/December invoice. Now I have switched to Scottish Power I find they apply it at adifferent time. Why is this?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@rless   There are two groups who get WHD, the ones who qualify through DWP, and ones who apply to the energy provider. I guess in the second group it is up to each energy provider when they actually pay the credit.

Highlighted

posted by roseanna | 5 months ago

i applied in august over phone and was told i qualified,i have been getting this every year for some time now,rang them again in september just to confirm and was assured that application was on systenm,now 5 months later and still waiting for payment,this is my 1st time with scottish power,,,,,not impressed,very slow.

Highlighted

posted by tess2012 | 3 months ago

Hello all

I got WHD last year accompanied by a letter from DWP.   I’m sure I got WHD in November -January last year.  I was told I wouldn’t need to apply again, that I would get it automatically.  I then got a prompt from ScottishPower to apply online I think about October 2019 ?  So that’s when I applied but have received nothing yet.  have tried reapplying and it says I already have an application .  I tried ringing ScottishPower who said I need to ring DWP so  I rang DWP and they said I needed to ring ScottishPower.  I tried googling a WHD helpline number and they said they only dealt with pensioners?!

my payments have kept increasing and I’m really struggling financially.  Can anybody help? Or give me some information about when I will get the WHD and how to find out whether I am getting it or not?

any advice greatly appreciated 

thanks 

tess 

Highlighted

posted by janice55 | 3 months ago
The customer service is shocking and the app is also crap , shop about for a better deal
Highlighted

posted by MIAMARCIE2018 | 3 months ago
I am a pensioner and have not recieved my whD after months of applying for it previously I was with eon and received the payment within weeks of applying for it people need this payment Nov /Jan when the weather is really cold I have been told I will be receiving the payment by the end of March will be looking to change suppliers not impressed at all with Scottish power. All my friends and relatives who applied for this payment after me have received their payment way before Xmas really frustrating.
Highlighted

posted by willow | 3 months ago

when will i get my warm weather payment