Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warm home discount scottish power open it up until jan 2022 give people that opportunity

posted by Julie1974 | A month ago
I just found out about the scheme and got told it's closed why is this as I checked on GOV.UK it's still up and running and for core group their deadline is in Feb 2022 I moved in my flat in Jan and I changed my supplier to Scottish power in August sure this is wrong as there is no closing date enclosed and I certainly not recieved any letters or.email regarding this scheme this is wrong as I know customers like me who did not know this until now
5 comments

Top answer

posted by DavC1 | A month ago
Re: Warm home discount scottish power open it up until jan 2022 give people that opportunity

@Julie1974   There are two WHD schemes. The core group don't have to apply each year and get their money direct from the DWP.  
The second group is administered by energy companies, this is the one that you have to apply for each year. The money is government money and when it is all  allocated the energy companies close the applications, that is what has happened this year. Sorry to tell you this but this is how the scheme works.   You can qualify for the core group if you have certain support benefits, details are on line.  

Re: Warm home discount scottish power open it up until jan 2022 give people that opportunity
Not according to Gov.uk and how was the deadline closed I never recieved letter or phone call or email considering I just found out about this yesterday am not the only one that's missed out by the sharp closure of the broader group application form sadly there is a miss communication breakdown on Scottish power we don't get notified of this so missing out on this that we need it runs right up to March 2022 so how is this helping when Scottish power don't make it clear after all get messages regarding bills or metre readings so why can't we get text messages or even get call I should be able to get a late application I am no a pensioner I on benefit

posted by NanaDawn | A month ago

I don't think any power company reminds the broader group it's up to us to remember. I've never received any reminders for it. Sorry to be bearer of bad news.

NanaDawn sorry but your wrong Scottish power have a duty of care for their customers and I am so right on what I saying I spoke to the complaints advisor and she even agreed it's not up to the customers esp when the deadline was not even announced by any form of communication plus is discrimination against broader group very valid points made sorry but I know my right from wrong and as a customer well you know the saying am not the only customer that notice this

NanaDawn this is not about a reminder this is to apply for the discount if you read on what am saying