Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Warm home discount

posted by Weeman | A year ago

As a low wage earner - I chose Scottish Power as my energy supplier - because they offered Warm Homes Discount - an annual £145 reduction in bills
I have sucessfully claimed this, for the last 4 years
I applied for this on 17/10/2018, as usual in the "BROADER GROUP" which I am eligible for, and received an application reference.
I sat back and waited
AND WAITED
and WAITED
Eventually, last month - I went on to SP Live chat to get an update and was told that my paynent had been made and that it would appear in my account shortly - IT STILL HAS NOT !!
I emailed SP to ask why - no response
Surely - the payment should appear in my account straight away ?
I would appreciate finding out where the payment (£145) has disappeared to... .....

9 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Warm home discount

Sorry to hear that, a lot of people have said the payment is made at the end of March, far too late, so you may have to wait a bit longer.

Highlighted

So why did 'live chat' tell me that the payment had been made - a few weeks ago ?
Highlighted

LIVE CHAT staff appear to be poorly trained and ill informed
I was told that my WHD had been paid but I was not told the date
Since then - I have emaiied "support" but have received NO reply
I am disabled and unable to speak on the phone
PLEASE HELP
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Hi Weeman. I don’t know the answer but could it be there is a credit on your latest bill that you have not yet seen? You can raise a bill by putting in a meter reading to check.
Highlighted

posted by niknak | 5 months ago
I was on the chat a while back they told me it will be with me soon not seen or heard anything I want an update
Highlighted

posted by niknak | 5 months ago
I keep getting told different things all I want is an update from ScottishPower
Highlighted

posted by whiteowl | 5 months ago

Mine has been added to my balance and i should see it on my bill when  i put in my monthly read on the 2nd I am in the broader group, so they are starting to apply this on your elec bill.

Highlighted

posted by shelly | 5 months ago
I got mine but instead of crediting 140 into my account they debited it from my account so instead of getting the help I need because I have a severely disabled son that I need that extra help at this time of the year the just made it worse
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@shelly   That is very strange Shelly, was it a negative balance that reduced after the £140 was applied?  If you could show us a picture of the statement we could maybe help you understand it.