Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter.

posted by aries109 | A year ago

"We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter. We're working hard to get this fixed. Please try again later"....Is the message I get when I try to enquire on my smart meter readings.  When first instaled this appeared to work, albeit slowly and without the csv donload I would have liked, but at lease I could see a graphical representation of my usage. When I complained 6 months ago, I was told that (A) Scottish power is successfully reading my meter (B) They are just not displaying the information for me.

I was told that I can view my usage via the smart meter box, but this is not presented in a manner that is useful for me. 

Do other customers have this problem? If so please respond and let's coordinate to increase pressure on the company to improve.

33 comments

posted by Lawrence | A year ago
Re: We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter.

I'm having the same problem. I'd like to know my consumption of gas and, separately, of electricity. Monthly or annually, in £ or kWh. They used to tell us. They should again.

posted by Vern | A year ago

I'm having the same problem. The only accurate readings I am seeing on my account is the readings I am providing each month. The smart meter readings are not being populated on the  usage graphs. They were working for a few months and have then  stopped.

I only  asked for a "smart meter" to see my daily usage . I would not have bothered if I gad known they provided no benefit to me at all ! 

posted by Ketty | A year ago
Hi there
I have been having this problem for over a month now and was told it was my app, then told they could retrieve the reading themselves so there was no problems. Customer advisers I spoke to did not seem to have a clue to be honest. Is this issue affecting everyone or a few select?

posted by Harko | A year ago

Readings from my Smart Meter to my PC and App were working fine.In late March they stopped working.I have rung several times and all they say is that they are receiving my readings and they will look into it and call me back. I still cannot enter readings on my account, I still have no idea what I am using.I will change supplier as soon as contract ends in 6 months.Service from SP is dreadful

Highlighted

posted by Harko | A year ago

I complained yet again on Monday 16 April about my Smart Meter readings not displaying on my SP online account or my APP on my i phone. I was  asked at what time I would like a call from SP on Friday 20 April, and replied anytime in the morning. It is now 25 April, no call ever received, readings not appearing on app or online account, dreadful service, off to find another supplier in December.

Just a quick update on this... I got the following reply to my enquiry about the continued fault on the website:

"I am sorry to learn about the fact that you are still unable to view the Smart meter usages on the website as promised. I would like to inform you that this has happened to few of our Smart meter customers due to some temporary technical issue. We are working hard to resolve the issue soon. As projected , this issue will be completely resolved by 19.05.2018."

Obviously I will be delighted if they hit their deadline!

Regards Keith

posted by WilliamAdam | A year ago

I had a smart meter installed last week, I would like readings downloaded from it asap then bills/consumption adjusted soonest.

William Adam

posted by Aileen | A year ago

Well the deadline of 19/5 /18 has now passed for resolution of the temporary problem. Still no closer to getting useful information from the smart meter. Has anyone had a resolution of their issues?

HAVE RERAISED COMPLAINT ON THIS MATTER