Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Rick | A year ago
Re: We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter.

Having same problem as everyone else. Worked fine from install in November 2017 but stopped working  in March 2018.

Would  be nice to get this sorted SP... please. This is more like 'bleeding  edge technology ' not leading edge. 

posted by maryse | A year ago
Same here, I have tried again and again and it still doesn't worked. This is really annoying. They can't be trying that hard to fix it. I am thinking of changing supplier...

I have a smart meter. I don't know if this helpful to anyone but I had the same problem and went on chat line. They told me to click on 'view tour energy usage' then click on 'energy consumption' rather than 'smart consumption'. The graphs appeared. Good luck!

posted by MikeH | A year ago

I had smart meters installed 4 months ago for dual fuel, but have only had one bill for gas alone. I phoned to complain two months ago as I was going abroad and needed to monitor my consumption while away (the whole point of my having a smart meter!). I was told there was a backlog in setting things up , but they would expedite my meter connection. Two months later they have eventually obtained a gas meter reading and sent me a bill, but there is still nothing for the electric meter.

A shambolic system and not at all helpful for proper budgeting as promised. Given that people with systems already set up are now subsequently getting failures in their readings, it certainly does not instill any confidence in the overall long-term reliability of this new technology. 

posted by aries109 | A year ago
Thanks,maryse, for your suggestion but the graphs visible under 'My Consumption' are not derived form the smart meter, they are estimates base on general consumption levels. These were present before I got a smart meter. It is quite clear that the company has not built a robust system and so appears unable to give us our data. I wonder if they will respond if we all make a formal GDPR Access Request. Personally, I'd prefer it if they just fixed their web site..

Thanks Aries109. I am so sorry, I did not realise! Back to the drawing board....

posted by FJBS | A year ago

Seems to have been all they can say for the past month.  Disappointing.  Can't be bothered to chase them though as the detailed output would only be any really usefull if I had matching records of power equipment use!!!

I use the supplied wireless device to read my meters and supply the results to ScottishPower.  When I type them in, they can be quite a lot more than the automatically acquired values (at least I assume that is what they are showing me as default entries).

Anyone find the supplied wireless device useful apart from reading the meters without delving in cupboards etc?

Had smart meters installed on 2nd February. Eventually they managed to send first bill on 4th May but this was for gas only. Complained 6th June: "After having smart meters installed four months ago, I still have only had a gas bill. Why is my electric meter still not set up to give you readings?" Reply explained: "I’m sorry that you’re unhappy with the service you have received from ScottishPower. I have registered your concerns ...  and taken the steps below to fully resolve this issue for you. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this matter. I can see from out record that your meter details for electricity Smart Meter has been updated in our record however, the old meter details have not removed from our record. Because of this reason the bill is not getting generated. It might happen due to some technical error. I have passed the same to the metering team. It will get fixed by 14 days. Once the details get resolved then you can update the up to date reading to get the electricity bill."

It is now 3 days past their own deadline, but no smart readings  available on the phone app or online,  just the same "We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter" when you look for your current online usage, even for my gas which they have theoretically managed to read from the smart meter and already billed. 

I  therefore went to chat online: aparently open 8:30 to 6:00 Saturday, but "nobody available - try later".

The macaronic English of the reply and the lack of any form of information or contact on all their "smart" equipment speak volumes about their complete PR and technical incompetence. Time for a complaint to higher authorities and maybe some press.

Still unable to have a 'chat' with SP - "nobody available - try later". I then checked my complaint and it says that:
"This complaint was closed on
6th Jun 2018
Resolved at time of contact"
!!!!!!!
"And we're pleased that we've now been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction".
How do they know it was resolved to my satisfaction!!!!???? Nobody asked me.
Obviously the support staff are closing complaints, before they have checked whether there is still a problem. Understaffed? Paid by number of resolved issues??
I have emailed them back and if I get no response I shall complain about their complaints procedure. I nothing happens, I really shall use my contacts.