Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by SomersetBob | A year ago
Re: We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter.

Same here, still on-going and they seem unable or uninterested in fixing it. Same for the App and it is now 4 months since this fiasco. In another two I will be off.

posted by SophieJ | A year ago

Hi,

My father passed away recently and we switched the billing over to a new account in my mother's name. Since then all we get is this on the web page "We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter. We're working hard to get this fixed. Please try again later". I'd guess something wasn't switched over correctly. We have contacted Scottish Power and raised complaints but that's 5 working days before they don't bother to call you back. Can anybody offer a solution the only reason for having smart meters to the consumer is the ability to monitor your usage. Is this a fault with the meter or purely a fault with billing being transferred correctly

Thank

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Sophie, Read the other comments in this thread, it is a very common problem.  You can send in a manual reading by phone to get an up to date bill and to confirm the changeover has gone through. 0800 027 0072. 

posted by SophieJ | A year ago

Lol. Sorry you don't think, we haven't contacted Scottish Power via a phone, they have not solved the problem, they don't seem bothered.  This ended up as a complete farce yesterday when I was told I'd have to wait 5 days for a complaint callback when I called to make a complaint about the fact the complaints callaback people hadn't called me back after 7 days from the previously scheduled callback.

posted by Todd | A year ago

Hi 

I've had a smart meter some time and at first it worked fine.  Now the display  shows very little information and on both the app and the web site, smart consumption data is unavailable. I will complain but I am rarely at home during the opening hours

posted by FJBS | 12 months ago

After a long gap I am now getting the daily plots for my electricity but not yet for my gas.  Note that I have to select electricity only to see that daily plot.  Also the meter reading entry screen now shows readings close to the current readings and tells me that the last readings taken were "Smart" so some progress.

Still not sure how I can use this information, or the portable device, to reduce my bills!  Buying efficient equipment and turning things off doesn't need a smart meter!

posted by Davc | 12 months ago

Hi Aries

Still not sure how I can use this information,

I have a friend who uses the information to shout at his family for being wasteful.

Your gas readings are only sent half-hourly, this is because all gas meters are battery powered for safety, and it's needed to give a good battery life. Even so your gas readings should be reaonably up to date, I hope your gas meter is really sending readings, sometimes they are not paired correctly with the electric meter. Check your bills and make sure it does not say e for estimated.

posted by SimonC | 12 months ago
Everybody who uses Scottish Power must have this problem! I have had it since last December. I have contacted everybody in Scottish Power from the Chief Exec down. All they say is don’t worry we are working on it! Every month I get an email from the Directors Support team telling me they haven’t solved it and are closing my complaint. Aldo they regularly roll out an App update which they promise solves everything...... but does nothing.
Sadly one has to admit that THIS company is totally useless !!

posted by AndySwain | 11 months ago
We've had similar problems since our 'smart' meter was installed in January. For a while, some of it worked, but maybe that was too smart, so such useful functionality ceased!
We've complained, complained at the failure to respond to our complaint, complained about the unexpected closure of our complaint, and it's got us nowhere.
The Director Support team seemed sympathetic, fobbed us off with a one-off reimbursement, and then craftily closed the complaint, and nothing more was done!
Allegedly there have been issues with 3rd-party software, and software upgrades, which I keep being told will be sorted very soon... I'm not holding my breath!

posted by SimonC | 11 months ago
Morning Mr Swann
Join the club!
I have been in same boat as you since last December!
Scottish Power app is rubbish and support from their team useless,.
3rd Party software! We have a contract with Scottish Power and they are responsible for delivering an app which according to their continued advertising is superb!
Have a look at their app approval of 4.2 out of 5 and their look st their Trustpilotb raring of ZERO!
Don’t hold your breath
Regards
Simon Cowdry