Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by ian1 | 3 months ago
Re: We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter.
I am having trouble reading the smart meter, I can only read Electric even though I have dual energy, it worked on the day of install, two months ago. If I reset by powering down the Smart Meter, it has taken 3 days for the Smart Meter to show one meter.
Whats going on Scottish Power?

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@ian1   Your display is like many others and now not working due to computer upgrades. This has been featured on national news. The display is not needed for the meters to send their data so turn it off until the problems are corrected. You don’t really need a display, just be careful and turn off unnecessary appliances.  

posted by AndySwain | 3 months ago
It's so annoying that the smart meters were promoted on the basis that consumers could monitor their usage more effectively, but all it has actually meant for most of us (according to this forum) is that we don't have a visit from a meter reader; we still need to check the meter occasionally, to check that the bills do actually match the readings!
I'm so sick of being told that "Scottish Power are working hard to resolve the problems", OVER THE LAST 18 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If my company were doing the same, we'd have been taken to court or out of business by now...

posted by Timber | 2 months ago

I’ve been having the same problem. Not being able to see any graphs re usage. This has gone on for months. The reply from Scottish Power: They are at present experiencing a problem with this service. This is nonsense. They haven’t a clue how to fix it. I’m seriously considering changing to a different supplier because of this poor service.