Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web and App not Working

posted by PhilCo | 7 months ago

Is anyone else having trouble with online access - especially when trying to look up usage?

Via a browser it keeps saying, "Back soon, we are currently making some changes to improve your nline experience" - well, doing something would be an improvement.

The (iOS)  App just crashes and says, 'Oh no! Something went wrong !' - well, we know that!!

11 comments

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
Re: Web and App not Working

A lot of the usage screens are hopeless at the moment, App, IHD, and online account summary. 

Want to know your usage? look at your meter, do it monthly and send in the readings and you will never be caught out by high bills.  A lot of people already do this, but many people never look and then have a shock when they get a £500 bill or their DD is suddenly doubled.   Heating costs are a major item for most households and can easily be sveral £'000 a year so it pays to take an interest.

posted by colinm | 7 months ago

My app is same it just goes around and around then says try later.  A metaphor for Brexit?

Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | 7 months ago

I've never had a problem, though Scottish Power's website is fairly huge and unweildy, with multiple layers of security. I'm not surprised it struggles to run on smartphones - their meter apps too. I always access SP via my home pc, I don't think I've ever needed to check the website when I was out.

posted by Fallowfield | 4 months ago
Android App is currently useless for meter readings. Why is Scottish Power not sorting it out ?

posted by Raven | 4 months ago

I have had issues with trying to make a payments via the app, the app displays a message unable to process payment then the payment shows up as pending on the bank acccount, when I called again today, I was advised this was a known issue has been ongoing for approximately 6 weeks.  Surely they can send out a message on the app to advise to call to make a payment or a banner when you open it advising please do not complete a payment via the app.   The app also never shows the balance, unsure if it is supposed to?

posted by DCE | 4 months ago
No response from on-line chat 'help' either.

posted by vo7 | 4 months ago
Always has problems with it take my advice change supplier.Scottish power worst customer service I’ve ever encountered.

posted by Clinker | 4 months ago

Usage not working on app or web for me either. - It will take me a lot to keep me when I come to the end of my current agreement.

The old app never worked. The new app worked about 50% of the time, now can't see usage on app or the web.

To top it all; I had to open this in Microsoft Edge, as this forum reply does not work in Chrome!

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Hi clinker Yes the apps give a lot of problems but I never had a problem with the forum and I use Chrome and Apple Safari all the time.