Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Web chat?

posted by  Gordon | A year ago

Hi everyone! Looking at the search results on the Community we are seeing a few people searching for web chat. We are currently carrying out some trials on adding this to the website, so you may see this on some pages but not all just now. 

If you are interested in live chat being added to the website please leave a comment below to show your support and what you would be interested in using it for. This will help us a lot to know what you, our awesome customers, are looking for 😃

41 comments

posted by Garry | A year ago
Re: Web chat?

Web chat would be great, would be useful for general account queries, tarrif clarification and resolving basic problems - if used well it could also be used to gather information about a customers problem and pass it on to the correct team to resolve / call back customers if an online assistant couldnt reslove!

posted by JamesProle | A year ago

Web Chat would be absolutely incredible and I would highly reccommend it! 

posted by  Chrisb | A year ago

Looks like web chat is a popular choice. What area of the site do folk think it be most useful on?

posted by JamesProle | A year ago
I feel as though it would be extremely beneficial when wanting to put meter readings in? As I really struggle to put meter readings in on the website as it constantly breaks.

Also just for general account informamation.

posted by  Chrisb | A year ago

@JamesProle great thanks for the feedback we will take that on board and feed it into the  guys developing the webchat rollout. We will publish an update of progress asap. Robot Happy

posted by Digger | A year ago

Should be a great idea, and I saw a button for this in the bottom right corner when I first logged on, By the time I'd scanned a few screens and could use the facility the button has disappeared. No sign of it anywhere. Is it not a standard feature, only when SP staff turn it on?

posted by  Gordon | A year ago

Hi @Digger, that's right. At the moment we only have a small team manning web chat as a pilot so they wouldn't be able to handle the amount of chats we would get if it was on every page. It is positive to hear that you would be interested in it though, this is great to know for when we need to decide whether to increase the size of the team. 

posted by Power11 | A year ago

I spoke about an hour ago with an online agent Priyanka she told me she had sorted ouit my monthly direct debit and I could see this adjustment when I next signed in, nothing has changed, does anyone recognise this agents name? Or should I worry???

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

hi @Power11Priyanka is an agent that works in our webchat team.  However, in some cases changes can take a few hours to update in your online account I would suggest checking your online account tomorrow and the change should show.