Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by q | 4 months ago
Re: Website Not Working

Has it ever worked ?

Scottish Power. Some of us work abroad and need to ensure that your bills are paid on time, so that when we arrive back from abroad in the small hours of a cold and frosty morning, you have not cut the power.

posted by greeterjim | 4 months ago

Basically their website has been absolutely **bleep** for some time. It seems like whenever they make changes they mess something else up. You sound like you got in even further than me. I am currently in the switch process for Octopus. When I started I was able to access my account one time to enter a meter reading (gas). That worked. That is the last I have ever seen of my account. All I get it the infamous '500' error now and don't expect anymore. I have a smart electric so they got that reading and my gas is an old one so they needed my reading. Could be there is some sort of setting on our accounts that is preventing us from getting to our data. What a sorry state!

posted by Sun | 4 months ago
No matter what I do, the website and the app does not work, I can not submit my reading , I can not view my balance, and they keep sending me estimated bills which are way too much than my expectations, well I think I will have to get a leagal advice regarding them, if you cant fix the problem how can u send the bill, they do it on purpose so that we dont know whats going on and keep sending us the bills they want.

posted by greeterjim | 4 months ago

I also tried logging in at the library a week ago. They are on Windows 7 Professional and use Chrome and Firefox. I got the same '500' message there using both browsers. So that eliminates anything on my computer or anyone elses for that matter. Also eliminates Windoes 10. Only other common thing could be the ISP and I am on Virgin. I am in the process of switching to Octopus and all has gone smoothly. Didn't do it for the money but they are a little cheaper depending on what plan. I give my readings on the 18th and officially start with them on the 23rd. They were supposed to take my direct debit today (15th) but did not so I guess I will actually get my account closed. Octopus was rated tops by Which. Will post again when I get fully on Octopus and officially get no more debits from Scottish Power. 

posted by colfire83 | 3 months ago
I have been trying for about a month to see what’s happening g with this site “oops something went wrong” sign. Then messaged and called to be let down again. I have no idea when my bill is due or able to pay anything. This is Scottish powers fault and needs addressed as a matter of urgency. Any bills late will be the fault of Scottish power.

posted by Eventyret | 3 months ago
For those thay get server error 500 it's not your computer it's the server or their api (read their website / server) that is crashing or having issues.

posted by q | 3 months ago

For those worried about late payment of bills, due to not being able to do so on  line,  they will send you an email, telling you to inout your meter readings. 

Problem is, you will have to call them to do so.

Try 0800 027 5002

posted by greeterjim | 3 months ago

Got switched over to Octopus on June 23 - all went smoothly. Also got confirmation from Scottish Power that my account was closed. Got a refund check from them on July 9. All this was due to not being able to access my account online. Would seem like a simple fix but apparently not. I had been a customer with them since 2003.  

posted by n | 4 weeks ago

What a shambles - I have also transferred to another energy company due to receiving the 505 error message on their website for the last 3 months. Can't even access the complaints page on their website.