Has it ever worked ?
Scottish Power. Some of us work abroad and need to ensure that your bills are paid on time, so that when we arrive back from abroad in the small hours of a cold and frosty morning, you have not cut the power.
Basically their website has been absolutely **bleep** for some time. It seems like whenever they make changes they mess something else up. You sound like you got in even further than me. I am currently in the switch process for Octopus. When I started I was able to access my account one time to enter a meter reading (gas). That worked. That is the last I have ever seen of my account. All I get it the infamous '500' error now and don't expect anymore. I have a smart electric so they got that reading and my gas is an old one so they needed my reading. Could be there is some sort of setting on our accounts that is preventing us from getting to our data. What a sorry state!
I also tried logging in at the library a week ago. They are on Windows 7 Professional and use Chrome and Firefox. I got the same '500' message there using both browsers. So that eliminates anything on my computer or anyone elses for that matter. Also eliminates Windoes 10. Only other common thing could be the ISP and I am on Virgin. I am in the process of switching to Octopus and all has gone smoothly. Didn't do it for the money but they are a little cheaper depending on what plan. I give my readings on the 18th and officially start with them on the 23rd. They were supposed to take my direct debit today (15th) but did not so I guess I will actually get my account closed. Octopus was rated tops by Which. Will post again when I get fully on Octopus and officially get no more debits from Scottish Power.
For those worried about late payment of bills, due to not being able to do so on line, they will send you an email, telling you to inout your meter readings.
Problem is, you will have to call them to do so.
Try 0800 027 5002
Got switched over to Octopus on June 23 - all went smoothly. Also got confirmation from Scottish Power that my account was closed. Got a refund check from them on July 9. All this was due to not being able to access my account online. Would seem like a simple fix but apparently not. I had been a customer with them since 2003.
What a shambles - I have also transferred to another energy company due to receiving the 505 error message on their website for the last 3 months. Can't even access the complaints page on their website.
I have been having the same issues for about a year now. Each quarter when my readings are due i have been unable to log on. I've reported this countless times and they still can't fix it. Customer service here is shocking I'm off to British Gas.