Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Scottish Power new current (April 2022) standard rate?

posted by Aauk25 | A month ago

Hi All

I can't seem to find the Standard rate Scottish Power are charging since 01 April 2022, surely it should be easily available, I wanted to compare it to my fixed rate, can someone kindly give me the unit rate and daily standard charge rate for both electric and gas please. 

Thanks

10 comments

posted by DavC1 | A month ago
Re: What is the Scottish Power new current (April 2022) standard rate?

@Aauk25     The exact data varies,  but roughly,   Elec 28p. Gas 7.7p. St charge 40 p each. 

posted by Aauk25 | A month ago
I fixed mine in February 2022 , received an email saying it was exclusive offer fixed till June 2023. Rates are Electric 25.73, Gas 6.83 and standing charge 20.61 for both. So looks like I definitely made the right choice to get it fixed at that time.

@Aauk25  Well done 

posted by IainT | A month ago

Thanks for the tariffs - seemed so diffficult to find,.  One question - how can the standing charges 40p per day each for gas be above the capped rates of 27p per day ?  

@IainT   The cap refers to the total costs for a 'typical' customer.  Neither the cost/kwh nor the daily fixed charges are mentioned, suppliers are free to mix and match fixed charges and variable/kwh charges as long as they do not exceed the capped total cost of £1971.   The variable costs/kwh that I quoted are what are being typically used, the fixed charges are charged per day and  there can be a big variations.

A 'typical' customer is defined as 12000 kwh gas a year and 2900 kwh electricity a year.  So 12000*7.37 plus 2900*28.34 plus 365*40 for gas and 365*40 for electricity = total annual cost in pence, so divide by 100 to get Pounds. This adds up to £1998 so it is roughly correct.

Overall it is a very confusing and complicated system, but it is what we have to accept.

posted by IainT | A month ago

@DavC1 Thanks so much for this explanation.  

posted by Bobby4 | A month ago

The Tarif Information Label page https://www2.scottishpower.co.uk/tariff-information.process (from your online account)

There are a confusing number of options, I went with Elec or Gas, direct-debit, online bill, then standard variable

posted by JJM1631 | A month ago

me too

posted by ChrisH1 | A week ago
What an absolute farce. I can’t find the standard tariff anywhere. I work in Financial Services, we would get royally fined for doing that. Shame on you SP.