Did you mean: 

When can I Leave ScottishPower without incurring exit fee

posted by lin | A year ago
14 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: When can I Leave ScottishPower without incurring exit fee

Hi @lin, you can find out this information based on the tariff you are currently on and searching for details of this within our tariff information label tool here : https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/tariff-information.process?execution=e1s1

You can freely switch between any ScottishPower tariff at any time without incurring exit fees, you can find our best available deals via the change my tariff tool within your online account http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/changemytariff/

Thank you but is extremely difficult to find this information when I log in to my account - unless of course I stay with SP. 

i am in fixed online energy 2018, can you please advise when I can begin the switch process 

for your information that link does not provide the information I require 

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

As you are on the tariff, Online Fixed Price Energy March 2018, which officially ends on 31st March 2018,  you would be able to move supplier on or after 11th February and wouldn't incur an exit fee. 

posted by brammer77 | A year ago

Duff information to link. This does not tell you when you can leave without charge.

This information should be simple to see in your account information. I suspect however Scottish Power do not waht you to have this information easily. Or have to call them up for £££ and try to persuade you to stay with them.

posted by TerryP | A year ago

I agree with previous comments,it is virtually impossible to find information about switching suppliers on the Scottish Power website unless you want to switch to one of THEIR other offers.Information about when you can legally start the switch procedure without incurring any costs i.e. time before the end of the current account.,would be a good starting point.It would also improve the impression that Scottish Power are making this process difficult.

The information certainly wasn’t made readily available.  Uswitch however gave me the answer immediately. SP are a business that want our money 💰 no different to any other energy companies 

posted by DenM | A year ago

Yeah  Am having same problem leaving Cannot seem to find current tariff and contract details ! This coupled with smart meter fiasco several months ago has made me more determined to leave this company

posted by spike5022 | A year ago

As far as I can find out 50 days before the end of your contract.