Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my refund?

posted by helen_macleod | A year ago

I had a Prepayment Meter in my property.  I moved house on 11th June 2021, you were told I was moving prior to my actual moving date, you were contacted on 12th June 2021 when I got into my new property. You were given all the meter readings I had for my electricity and gas. My meter had a credit balance and I am STILL waiting for you to acknowledge this.  

I have been emailing you every couple of days now since 11th June 2021 and I have been told so many different stories, one is that you (Scottish Power) couldn't find the account - I was in the property with you supplying it and being paid for it for 37 years! so, please enlighten me how could you not find my account!

Please advise when I shall be receiving the credit balance (of over £70) that was on my Prepayment Meter??

This community page message is the last straw before I take it to the Ombudsman.

16 comments

posted by Reena | 5 months ago
Re: Where is my refund?
Hai my name is Reena Scaria and I was living in 20sarah west close with account number 16105171663. I moved the house on 2nd February 2021 to 7 holworthy road . and I disconnected the Scottish power and I close the account. After 8 months I got a letter from Scottish power with another account number 16120270048. With my name outstanding amount 166.62pounds . It was not my account . But because of too much pressure I paid the amount . I raised concern . And they found out that the second one was not my account and they promise they will give refund my money . I was paid on 17th January . But still now I didn't get back my money . Can you please sort it out for me

posted by Lesley1 | 5 months ago
They are living up to their reputation.

posted by DavC1 | 5 months ago

@Reena   Sorry, but we are all customers on this forum so we cannot do anything to your account.  The Community is not used by Scottish Power, you need to tell customer services.  Copy your message to contactus@scottishpower.com.   

posted by RickH | 5 months ago

When Tonik Energy  collapsed  my account was transferred to Scottish Power.. My account with Tonik Energy was in Credit by a substantial amount which I was informed would be sent to me  by Scottish Power . Up until the present time I have not received any refund from Scottish Power. On examining my billing and payments from the start of my account with Scottish Power I can find no mention nor record of this credit being applied to my account nor refunded to me.  My monthly payments have all been taken from my bank account in full  with no payments missed so this credit has not been used to pay the  monthly  amount.

posted by DavC1 | 5 months ago

@RickH   It's a common story when accounts are taken over, let's hope that the Tonic liquidator has not yet told SP how much your credit is.  There is usually a time of chaos while the collapsed company sorts out its finances. 

posted by Brecon56 | 3 weeks ago

I need to have from you what amount of credit was left at the end of my last contractwith you  on June 30th 2022..

Also what amount of credit was left on June 30th 2021  when you took over supply from  Eon..

posted by DavC1 | 3 weeks ago

@Brecon56   You are speaking to customers on this forum, we don't know anything about your account.
 One comment though, why do you expect a refund at the end of your contract, you will automatically go onto the standard default contract and your credit will be used on that account.     As for credit from Eon, you have to claim from Eon which is still trading and is one of the largest UK suppliers. 

posted by Brecon56 | 3 weeks ago

Regarding the balalnce on my contract with Scottish Power that ended  at the end of June, you question why I ask for the balance owing to me.?

Because it is It is well in excess of the monthly payment due   on the new a'/c, and I would prefer to have it for my own use rather than that Scottish Power have it for theirs. So please  put it into my bank.

Nic Morgan.

posted by DavC1 | 3 weeks ago

@Brecon56   Up to you if you want to apply for a refund, but in  a few months you will need that money in your energy account so you will only get it back for a short while.  Most direct debits are increasing in October.