Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by dfernandes | 7 months ago
Re: Where is my refund? !
I have finally received mine yesterday (28 Aug). I left back in January, chase 3 times, made a complaint on the fourth. Total take 7months from ScottishPower to refund £132... Very bad service
Highlighted

posted by woobs | 5 months ago

I have prepayment meters for both my gas and electric. I am continuously overcharged for both. How?? They're PREPAYMENT! My electric refund took months, several phone calls and the excuse that it had been cancelled by someone with no explanation other than someone queried it but never at any point contacted me to explain what was going on until I called again!  My gas refund, around ninety quid, I was told would take 4 weeks!! That was at the beginning of October and I still don't have my refund!  Any chance I might get MY money back soon?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@woobs     Sometimes pre payment meters carry forward a debt from a previous tenant. It’s good you are being refunded. The debt was nothing to do with you but you have been paying it back. If SP know and have promised you, the money will turn up soon, it sometimes takes a week or two to go through the refund system. 

Highlighted

Do you work for SP? I have lived in this house for 17 years so it's highly unlikely to be an issue witha previous tenant!! I have always had a prepayment meter and have NEVER had a problem like this with any of the other suppliers.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@woobs   Oh sorry, it’s nearly always inherited debt.  So I can’t suggest why you overpaid.  And no I am nothing to do with SP, just trying to help customers in this forum. Sometimes don’t know why I bother but a lot of people do say thanks which is nice. 

Highlighted

Well, sorry, but no thank you from me.  Your reply just irritated me. It bore little relation to anything I posted in my comment! Pretty much in keeping with the twaddle I get when trying to get an intelligent responce from SP!

Highlighted

posted by lee123 | 5 months ago

I’ve been waiting over four months for my refund I’m on my third dedicated complaints handler the first one told me it’s been sorted and should be paid soon once approved , the second told me it had been approved then after a few weeks he disappeared and the one dealing with it now seems to be spewing the same same crap I’ve been hearing for over six months. This company is an absolute disgrace they are incompetent and clueless and now they keep blocking my move to another supplier, you couldn’t make up the way they treat their customers there arrogant and unhelpful they lie and tell you anything just to get you off the. CANT WAIT TO GET AWAY FROM THEM . If you’ve got a spare five minutes go on Trustpilot, it about sums them up.

Highlighted

posted by broadwalk | A month ago

we Left Scottish power last December as we moved house and kept the provider of the newhouse

.We have been trying to get our credit back but Scottish power are not making it easy,Please contact me and tell me how to do it. T Mills

Highlighted

posted by lee123 | A month ago
To be honest I’ve still not got mine yet but I’m almost there thanks to the energy Ombudsman. Forget Scottish power they are incompetent go on the ombudsman website and create a complaint and they will contact you and follow up your complaint. I’ve had more success in one month than I did in 8 months chasing Scottish power. GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON
Highlighted

posted by Essen | A week ago
I will settle my final account now that I have left SP when they get round to sorting out EE settlement.