Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does scottish power think I am leaving?

posted by ianb | 3 years ago

I received a mail today saying 'sorry to see you're leavin' ... which was news to me. I assumed it was spam but logged into  look in just in case and, yes, my dual fuel 2020 account has now been split into a gas and electric one and one of those is 'transitioning'.

How can this happen? I've not asked for it to be moved. Who knows where scottish power think it will be transitioned to.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Ian

10 comments

posted by anneclarke | 2 years ago
Re: Why does scottish power think I am leaving?

posted by Davc | 2 years ago
Sorry we cannot comment, why do you think they want you to leave?

posted by gaz | A year ago

they have created an erroneous transfer mistake.        wrong meter number from national grid     My GAS account was going. told them it was mistake.  im. stiil getting it fixed after 7 month   had to contact my. MP.        Resolve  / citizen advice ETC. is of no use.  they are ignored. i got called back from director supprt guy in 3 days after my MP intervention.         THO  still no good. today recieved in my mail. (7 months since gas prob)saying im lNOW leaving my electric.   with final bill sent.     its all over. my neighbour. switching from Scottish power. to EDF.    in MARCH2019.       there is a erroneous transfer charter by government. as energy companies couldn't  self regulate.   seems this is ignored also.   

posted by babyjakeandjude | A year ago
OMG the very same thing happened to me IN APRIL 2019
Have been offered £125 as goodwill gesture
I ended up writing and emailing CEO along with complaint to ombudsman then magically things started to happen
I haven't made any decision yet because I am waiting to see what am about to be charged in Gas
Alarm bells ringing because they are quoting my last meter reading I sent in January but I have been billed by them using estimated readings and it was added to my electric bill
giving me a dual fuel account when I still only had electricity live
you couldn't make it up
GOOD LUCK
I AM OFF AS SOON AS AM OUT OF FIXED DEAL

posted by justwh | A year ago

same thing has happened to me it is just someone commiting fraud by transfering you with out conscent so they can make thier sale commission for that provider it is now common pratice 

posted by Davc | A year ago

@babyjakeandjude    Yes a worry if the last true gas reading was 11 months ago. Would it help if you send an actual gas reading now?   When did you stop taking gas from SP?

posted by babyjakeandjude | A year ago
I have read meter and am phoning them yet again tomorrow
I have used less than their estimate so that is a good thing

posted by justwh | A year ago
make sure you take picture of the reading so it is recorded as well they may still send out a meter reader from the new provider, also think of contacting ofgem and getting the unauthorised switch (fraudulently switched) recorded with action fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

posted by emerye | A year ago

Just had my email saying im leaving too.  did anyone manage to resolve this as it seems to be common practice with scottish power....along with waiting forever to speak to someone let alone a call back.