Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't SP send emails when readings required

posted by PhilJordan | 5 months ago

Up intil approx May 2017 we had always received an email from SP when a meter reading was required. Since then nothing has been received and so we have had a lot of estimated bills. Can we get the email reminders back please? 

7 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

Re: Why don't SP send emails when readings required

think I have resolved the issue. Under personal info  there is a permission box that I assume needs to be ticked to receive them - we'll see if  it works

posted by Viffergb | 5 months ago

I've been experiencing the same issue, but fortunately have been checking my account from time to time and avoided receiving too many estimated bills.  However, I have just checked that permissions box in my personal info and it's already ticked, so I don't hold out a lot of hope of starting to receive the reminder/request emails as far as my account is concerned.  Hope it fixes things for you if your tickbox wasn't enabled.

In the past my reminder emails used to be sent out every 80 - 90 days, so I've just set my own reminder to login and submit the readings.

Perhaps it's a crafty way of SP getting us to have Smart Meters installed - they've tried to persuade me on a couple of occasions - but I'm steering well clear of having those until I'm actually forced to, as I see no real advantage to having them, and I'd rather things stay as they are especially after the recent issues raised in the BBC 'Watchdog' programme!!!!

I'm a believer in......"if it ain't broke....

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

I hope it is not one of those GDPR things that are causing chaos with all organisations' contact lists. You may have seen lots of notices about continuing to receive communications, it affects everybody down to small businesses and clubs. 

posted by Viffergb | 5 months ago
I don't believe so, as I stopped receiving the reminders quite a few months back before the GDPR took hold.

Thanks for the feedback. The reminders idea is a good one that I'll set up.

posted by Bettyboop | 5 months ago

I’ve noticed this too, I’ve not had reminder meter reading  emails for ages and I have relied in the meter readers, however, I am now in a huge debit position, probably because of the Beast of the East! I left Scottish Power to go with Ovo and SP enticed me back with a lower monthly tariff, my tariff is about to end in June 2018 and now they say my monthly DD should be double the amount! Which is what they were charging when I moved to Ovo. I strongly believe that this is a stunt, as I am still going to be paying the same amount I would have been  before I looked around for a more competitive dual deal. Sad times Scottish Power, I’m not impressed I feel the lack of communication is a ploy for people to fall into this trap, really really not impressed, their new slogan should be “stand and deliver” modern day robbery!

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

Sad story Bettyboop (nice name) but I think your high direct debit is to pay off the debt, so when that has gone you should go down to a lower DD. If you want to pay off your debt with a one-off payment you could do that and get the lower DD straight away. A lot of people had high energy bills after the Beast from the East, and they all have to be paid off through the summer months.