Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by spayne4 | A year ago
Re: Why use Data Services?

I guess this is how the customers pay for Morrisons Data Services. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2018/04/scottish-power-hits-customers-with-price-hike

posted by MurkyBroonMan | A year ago
I feel the same. Received a text saying an attempt was made to read my meter. They have made no attempt- not even a card through the door. No point in reading the meter myself when I do it anyway to tell Scottish Power. I won't be replying to that text.

posted by Otakar | A year ago
If you received a letter from Morrison Data Services, you may notice that your name is in BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS. when ever you receive mail like this it is actually addressed to your corporate identity.
It makes me wonder what loop hole S.P. use to finance and revenue this company when they are using your legal corporate identity.
If you didnt know you had a legal corporate idententy, you do now.
It was created when your parents signed you over to be be a ward of state via your registered birth cirtificate.
Look at any correcponance from the local or general government or large corporations, block capital is the corporta I.D. that you are legislated against.
So back to my point why is a "small" data service doing asking for my info, albeit indirectly.

posted by casmo | A year ago
I have just received a letter from Morrison Data Services, Why are Scottish Power not just emailing me for my meter readings ? Why ask another company to do it, thought they were suppose to actually come out and read it for the accurate reading ?

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi casmo, just read through the comments above, they will answer all your questions about Morrisons Data.

posted by Donald009 | A year ago

I agree with all the other comments.Scottish Power are given current meter readings whenever they email for them. If they suspect foul play, where is their meter reader who hasn't called for over 12 months?!!

posted by Lou | A year ago
Me too. I can't believe this works better than Scottish power sending me email and me submitting a reading. Surely better that I put my reading directly into Scottish power website. I will assume Morrisons is either a scam for my details or they have misled Scottish power into believing they physically visit my house and read my meter..... otherwise completely pointless!!!!! I would appreciate a reply from Scottish power.

This topic has become a Saga, I don't know why people are so upset about Morrison, all sorts of conspiracy theories about data theft and worse. My advice is that you can safely ignore their letters if you send in meter readings directly to SP. If a Morrison man comes to check the meter in person it is safe to allow him access because he is working on behalf of SP and physical checks are still necessary even with smart meters. If you do send readings back to Morrison no harm is done.
I suspect the Morrison letters are badly worded and intimidating, but it is a large reputable company working for many fuel and water suppliers, you can check on line.

posted by Kess | A year ago

Davc - I'm frustrated because SP happily put prices up and then fritter money away on stuff like this.  I bet Morrison's "services" don't come cheap!

Hi Kess, SP are not the only ones putting up prices, and as for using a contractor to read meters, who knows, it could be cheaper than employing people. ( I don't work for SP, it's just I don't see problems here)