Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Debbs | 2 years ago
Re: Why use Data Services?

I just got a letter from this Morrison Data Services ?? We have just had a smart meter fitted and thought that now we don't have to give readings. I have looked at the gas meter and it is blank anyway????????? Should I ignore this

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

Hi Debs. Smart gas meters always have blank screens, you press a button to read them. You can also get a reading from your IHD. which is the recommended way to do it. You can ignore Morrison if you send readings to SP direct. People are often asked for readings after smart meters are fitted so send in a reading if you are asked for it. 

Highlighted

posted by JohnC | 2 years ago

I to have received this letter from Morrison Data Services . Like everyone else I submit my readings to S P when asked. I am ignoring this letter and if they need a reading they can come and get it.

Highlighted

posted by md | 2 years ago
We've had a letter and i cant even get online to give them a meter reading as there is a problem with their website. I am now very wary of giving them any information and agree that we should not be going through a middle man to do what we do.
Highlighted

posted by Doubter14 | 2 years ago
I sent them an email but still didn't.get a satisfactory answer. I don't agree with letting Morrisons have my details and I am not the only customer to disagree with all this
Highlighted

Agreed
Highlighted

Definitely not
Highlighted

Exactly

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

OK Doubter, after 10 messages I think we know your opinion, no need to tell us again.

Highlighted

posted by Exasperated | 2 years ago
Sounds to me like another bureaucratic manoeuvre and further justification to increase prices. Scottish Power should explain why this is being done. The Morrison site, when contacted is a public relations exercise. I want an easy way to enter my readings, not pages of blurb extolling their services. I shall not play their games.
Exasperated