Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why use Data Services?

posted by justcurious | A year ago

I've just had a letter from Morrison Data Services saying that Scottish Power have asked them to'obtain an up-to-date reading'.  The letter then asks me to read the gas meter and send the reading to Morrison Data Services by phone or by logging on to their meter reading website.  As I provide regular readings (the last one two weeks ago), I was wondering how much Morrison gets paid to send me a letter to send them a reading to send to Scottish Power.

170 comments

posted by Dubious | A year ago
Re: Why use Data Services?

posted by DFTcustomer | A year ago

I too have just received the same request by letter from Morrison Data Services.  As a dual fuel Customer, and having recently had a Smart Meter installed; is this really necessary.  Smart Meters automatically send readings; my understanding that Scottish Power can pull up to date readings at any time.

posted by maniccollector | A year ago

I have had the same letter my worry is that if 5.2 million customers all received a letter to supply online or via phone there upto date readings to Morrison Data Services are just going to forward this on to scottish power at cost,

I thought that like G4S they had to physically visit your house 1/2 times a year to check meter is ok or Read meter

NOT have details sent to them from scottish power customers, this cannot be right this is saving them £00000000000

if you know what I mean customers supply details to morrisons and they forward on to Scotish power at cost, who foots the bill long term us,  this is wrong I have complained already and will not submit details to them, I will only submit to Scottish power online, if they want my details they had better come calling.

posted by smk | A year ago

I also received this letter and won’t be supplying any information.   I submit my readings directly to Scottish Power when requested  so this seems to be duplication of effort and cost passed onto us.   Also, I was never informed by Scottish Power that this company has been appointed to do this on their behalf so I won’t give them any details.   It just seems to be a waste of time and money for all. 

posted by gac | A year ago

Who the he11 are Morrison Data Services, and why did I receive an unsolicited letter from them?

Like many others, I submit my meter readings online to Scottish Power, so I don't see the point of sending my details to a 3rd party.

posted by malvernview | A year ago

# Me too - why submit gas data to Morrisons Data services when I've just sumbitted my reading to Scottish power??

posted by StaceyD | A year ago

Ditto - received a letter today. Wouldn't mind if they were going to call and physically read the meter but no point in supplying the same information I already provide direct to SPower to a third party.  

posted by Doug | A year ago
Likewise, no information from Scottish Power about this.
Is this one of these scams where we share our info with a 3rd party and suddenly become a customer of theirs rather than Scottish Power?

Online meter reads shouldn't involve a 3rd party receiving our details to forward them to the contracted supplier.

If this is genuine, there's something very wrong where Scottish Power can save money by doing this unnanounced. I think someone's making money from us and it's not to our benefit!

posted by Jenny | A year ago

Did we give our permission for Scottish Power to give our details to Morrison Data Services?