Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Kess | 2 years ago
Re: Why use Data Services?

It's just that SP are still asking for me to provide meter readings directly AND I'm getting requests from Morrison.  The duplication of effort seems wasteful.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 years ago

SP must have the opinion that a broad shotgun approach is better than a targetted rifle in getting the maximum number of readings sent in. As for cost, it does not cost anything to send an email, so it is not really wasteful.

Highlighted

posted by casmo | 2 years ago

I think the point has been lost here. It's not the fact that SP have asked another company such as Morrisons to collect the information, it's to do with the fact that Morrisons have sent a letter requesting the readings , I think they are actually meant to come and read our meters otherwise SP would just send out an email just like they always do. 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 years ago
As I said it is a shotgun approach to cover as many situations as possible. You can ignore the Morrison letters if you send in directly to SP. Morrison will also do personal visits occasionally which you should allow them to do.
Highlighted

posted by Doubter14 | 2 years ago

I have also had the letter from Morrison Data Services and hsve emailed SP  for confirmation that it is not a scam

@justcurious wrote:

I've just had a letter from Morrison Data Services saying that Scottish Power have asked them to'obtain an up-to-date reading'.  The letter then asks me to read the gas meter and send the reading to Morrison Data Services by phone or by logging on to their meter reading website.  As I provide regular readings (the last one two weeks ago), I was wondering how much Morrison gets paid to send me a letter to send them a reading to send to Scottish Power.

Highlighted

I will not be  replying to Morrison Data Srrvices nor will i ldt them have  my gas meter reading and why have they not asked for electricity meter reading.  This is probably a scsm and we need legal advice

Highlighted

I certainly have had nothing from Scottish Power about all this
Highlighted

NO NO NO
Highlighted

posted by PaulaJean | 2 years ago
I have received the same letter, I will continue to submit my readings to Scottish Power on line, until Scottish Power inform me that I should notify Morrison Data Services.
Highlighted

posted by B2P | 2 years ago

Like everyone else, I've just received a letter from Morrison Data Services stating they are the appointed meter reading company for Scottish Power and requesting a meter reading (Electricity).

Two options to give the meter reading, telephone number and on-line. Problem, the on-line address provided doesn't work and there doesn't appear any obvious link on the Morrisson site.

Meter reading left direct with Scottish Power. 

I though the leave a card when you were out and the meter reading company submitting  as a reading was dodgy, sending a letter appears as though Scottish Power (and the customers) are being ripped off.