Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by sadie | A month ago
Re: Why use Data Services?

This has answered my question as to why  a man was just on my drive with my electric box open!

I sent my meter readings to scottish power on line a fortnight ago , yet , just now my dog was going madand I went to see what was going on and there is a man with a cap on reading my meter...

Hello 

no reply!

Hello , what are yoiu doing 

Reading yr meter

But i have already done it 

He said yeah we were supposed to do it last Thursday ?

I found him quite rude and was concerned as to who he was but after looking on here , I see that they are from morrisons data .

I still find it odd that they have come a fortnight after I submitted the readings.

posted by Georgie | 3 weeks ago
Re: Why use Data services

Just had a card put through door they want a meter reading! I have a smart meter that flashes at me and data doesn't stay on long enough to read let alone write down! I was with Extra Energy that then went bust! STILL waiting for my money back November 2018. I use very little gas and electricity but they keep taking £99.00 from me every month. Is any one else having the same problem  please? 

posted by Jonnel | 3 weeks ago
@Georgie I think you've answered your own questions here. If you use very little energy but SP are taking £99 a month they must be costing your direct debit on estimated readings. If they've estimated them for a while they'll want some 'actual' readings to put your account right, hence the meter reader calling.

If your smart meters were fitted by Extra Energy they wont send readings to SP, hence the estimated billing, and if SP put your smart meters in, they're probably not working properly - a sad but all too common fact.

Get your meters read by someone who can catch the figures for you and get the 'actuals' sent in - you could be in line for a big, BIG refund and a reduction in your direct debit.

posted by Midboy | 3 weeks ago

Using Data Services   Call it what you like, meter reading, data collection visual safety checkers, whatever. It is a most essential service that has to be carried out for all gas and electricity supply companies whether they use in house employees or contract it out does not matter, in any event, it would be the very same persons that would be employed in these jobs to carry this work and in turn become part of the tax paying employed persons of the nation..

One of the most crucial reasons why you get a visit by these persons and or companies is that because all meters and equipment that bring the energy supplies into our homes belong to your energy supplier and it is there responsibility whatever type of meter it is , It will always be needed  to be accessed and seen at some time to ensure everything is safe and Ok and that all information is correct,  meter serial numbers  etc.  Info of occupation of the property etc. etc.... These supply meters are potentially a dangerous element we are dealing with and as such need for many reasons to be kept an eye on ... These services are as such is the best way to achieve this and why people get so troubled by this service I don’t really know ?  It’s such a simple thing to allow a meter reader in to do a good job...You can check their Id s have passwords on your account to enter etc.  So unless you are hiding something there should be no problem at all. Of course if you continue refuse them access then they may wonder why and a course to investigate further.  At the end of the day they need to get access to their equipment on your property. It is written into all our contracts with these services of conditions to supply and into the law of the land...  

posted by Doubter14 | 3 weeks ago
Cany have smart meter because I have economy7

posted by Jonnel | 3 weeks ago

@Midboy  wrote:

These services are as such is the best way to achieve this and why people get so troubled by this service I don’t really know ?  It’s such a simple thing to allow a meter reader in to do a good job...You can check their Id s have passwords on your account to enter etc.  So unless you are hiding something there should be no problem at all. Of course if you continue refuse them access then they may wonder why and a course to investigate further. 

Here we go round the Mulberry bush...

1 - Because people don't know who their meter reading firm are, so don't know whether to let these people in or not.

... the mulberry bush...

2 - Yes, it is a simple thing to allow a meter reader to do a good job, but if you've never even heard of the firm before, how do you know they're legit?

... the mulberry bush.

3 - Vulnerable people often don't have the confidence to challenge people at the door, it's the definition of 'vulnerable'. Opportunists know it, that's why DoorstepCrime is on the increase.

Here we go round the mulberry bush...

4 - Why does someone who doesn't want to let a stranger into their home have to be hiding something? That attitude says more about someone who gets paid per meter read, than it does the homeowner.

... on a cold...

5 - If people continue to refuse strangers accessto their homes perhaps Scottish Power might suddenly think: "Hold on a minute... what would happen if we actually TOLD people which firm was going to knock on their door?"

... and frosty

That's all people want, really. To know.

...morning.