Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't anyone deal with our complaint? 'Smart' Meters

posted by Chris88 | A month ago

Hi,

We've emailed, called, so many times since mid August and still know one has dealt with the issue that our gas meter hasn't been registered properly and we are not being billed for it.

Some idiot engineer not only broke the cover from our boiler but didn't register our gas meter properly (that's what we're told is the issue). We are on dual fuel, had two quatres since the smart meters were installed and are not getting billed for gas. We have called and emailed and complained ten or more times and no one will do anything. The other month we had our bill adjusted for the gas, but we haven't been billed for it since. How many times do we have to complain? We're going to end up with a huge gas bill.

We are sick to death of waiting to get through on the phone to talk to yet another idiot. If our problem isn't resolved soon, we will switch energy suppliers in Jan. 

Chris

15 comments

posted by Peedoff | A month ago
Re: Why won't anyone deal with our complaint? 'Smart' Meters
Me too. Similar situation - My Smart-Meters were installed but gas my consumption is now always shown as estimated - despite me sending them my meter readings both via my on-line account and via email. I understand that the problem with the gas smart-meter is actually an issue at ScottishPower, who have not yet set up a system for their gas meters and it is not due to an installer causing the problem at all. Complaining to ScottishPower seems fruitless - I receive an acknowledgement and a complaint reference but no further action. Even when I manually provide ScottishPower with an actual gas meter reading, they totally disregard it and continue to estimate my gas consumption (Hugely in their favour, naturally). My bills show me as being hundreds of pounds in debit now - Yet I have ALWAYS Been in credit prior to my Smart-Meter. How come?? I hope you have more success than me - I'm at my wits end. Anybody else being badgered by ScottishPower to have smart-meter installed should seriously consider putting it off for a good few months (or perhaps years). ScottishPower continue to email me to tell me to phone them and request a smart-meter, even though they installed mine months ago! )- They seem to have no internal communications at all. What a farce.

posted by mikey13 | A week ago

I ve got same problem and they not doing anything I've been loyal to SP and they have treated me like **bleep** the past month! I am leaving them they are dreadful  they wanted smartmeter installed and it doesn't work and the app on any of my devices won't work absolutely terrible 

posted by mikey13 | A week ago
Exactly the same they have big problem

posted by KennethH | A week ago

Well you can add me to this list as well.  I am going to ask to get the Electric Smart meter to be put back to a dumb meter.

posted by RikiH | A week ago

I wasted a whole day waiting in for someone to install one of these so called smart meters yesterday yet they didnt show up. I have been trying to reach someone today to ask why as no notifaction was given of any cancellation but i'm getting nowhere fast. After seeing this post, i'm going to bin off the idea altogther and divorce SP whilst i'm at it. 

Highlighted

Top answer

posted by mickeydee2018 | A week ago
Please see https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Complaints/How-to-make-a-complaint/ta-p/37 on Scottish powers complaints process, if your complaint is unresolved after 8 weeks you have the right to refer your complaint to ombudsman services energy for them to impose a resolution on Scottish power.

posted by Chris88 | A week ago
Thanks for this. We already did the above.

posted by Chris88 | A week ago

Everyone please keep on at them. Not long after we posted here we all of a sudden had a phone call, and they wanted to sort it out. After going around in circles several times, we given a £30 gesture and the promise that the meter is now reading out gas (even though i cannot see the smart useage online). We have now had a call from Providor, the company that damaged our boiler to deal with that. 

Our first email was sent on 4th August and i'm sure we've spent more than £30 on phone calls. What really bothers us is that we were never told it was optional. When we receieved the phone call, we were told we needed to book an appointment, they were in the area. Nevermind. 

Good luck to everyone.

posted by newbiemark | A week ago

Not linked to smart meters but linked to poor performance. How I wish that I'd seen SP's record before I joined! I switched from my previous supplier from the 1st february and already have a complaint in progress. I am experiencing the same issues with nobody sorting out the issues with my account despite numerous calls (and indeed they have made the situation worse). Think I may go to twitter and see if that prompts a better response.