Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Wotto | A year ago
Re: Why won't anyone deal with our complaint? 'Smart' Meters

My sympathies.

I have a simlar ongoing problem with just going round in circles. First I get an e-mail to say that i need to provide meter readings (its a SMART meter!) so I caomplain, then they say everything is up to date and then I get another  e-mail to say that I need to update my meter readings. So I ask how to do this . An so they reply to say - you cant! And so it goes on and on

Is there anyway we can get all of this to feature on a Consumer programme or in the press?

Agree - I the problem is total incompetence.

A mass complaint to OfGen I think!

And SP need to admit that they are incompetent and offer significant (not the paltry £30-50) compensation

posted by drljames | A year ago
I have mine installed in November. Worked for a few days.. could see my readings online. On the 27th stopped. Couldn't see readings from the app or web.

I phoned and contacted via Facebook, as well as posted on here. I was fobbed off with "we can see your readings our smart team are working on it" which is a lie... "We will change the frequency from here that will fix"... No it doesn't. And my personal favourite "move your IHD closer to your meter"

I logged a complaint last week. They called yesterday.

The lady explained that the smart meters are in manual mode currently while they iron out issues.

I pointed out lots of people are having the issues... Would be nice for them to communicate. They know who has smart meters and which ones are not reporting in. Send a letter.

drljames

'Iron out issues' - I fear that there is a major fault and break down in their systems which from experience sem to be a total fiasco.

I get e-mails asking me to update, e-mails to say 'action needed - update my readings'; e-mails to say I  wont be able to update;  e-mails to say they have adjusted my direct debits on the basis of estimated readings - a adjustment of 25% down!! (25%)  and then an admission that in fact they shouldnt have done that; e-mails to say that the meter is providing them with up to date readings of my gas usage - and then e-mails to say in fact it isnt.

I dont think Scottish Power have a clue what the problem is nor do they have any idea what my gas and electricty usage has been - the SMART meter isnt working and I cant enter readings manually. What's more, I see with alarm that my bills have been estimated for over 6 months!! and it was only when I checked my online account that I saw this - Scottish Power didnt have a clue that in fact in spite of installing my SMART meter they wer making estimates of usage.

I fear that there could well be hundred/thousands of people in similar situations - assuming that the gas meter is working and that as promised, all was working fine/no need to read meters blah, blah blah.

There could be an awful lot of customers in for a shock when Scottish Power finally (if ever!) sort out the problem and send updated bills!

Highlighted

posted by drljames | A year ago
Totally agree with you. Total shambles. The total lack of customer service is shocking.

They know who have smart meters and they know which ones are in contact or not.

They need to alert customers asap about these problems so they can make alternative arrangements updating readings. Send out a meter reader until fixed!