Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Re: Wrong Starting Meter Reading - How to Correct This

Hi Simon, You are doing the right thing, and it is good that you have used the Community to look for similar problems and their solutions. I expect everything will be alright with your meter reading, but due to the holiday period it might take a week or so before it is corrected. I wish more people could do their research before asking questions that have been answered previously.

Highlighted

posted by jdmn55 | 10 months ago

I have been with Scottish Power for more than 10 years and have never been charged £1,500 for electricity. I always use products that saves electricity. However when I entered my meter reading on 30.12.18 I got the above bill. Would kindly like to know what is going on.

posted by Davc | 10 months ago

Hi, It sounds like you entered the wrong meter numbers to get a huge bill like that, 

posted by julie63 | 10 months ago

Hi all my last bill I got was £256.68 so phoned sp to speak to someone only to be told don't you use a lot of electric so I asked why for a quartley bill was over £600 then  to be told I was over £370 in credit then asked have I had a party or something been with sp for 35yrs and never had a bill like this  I think I've paid for the neighbours bills as well lol 

posted by helena | 10 months ago

I have also had the same problem, my bills have more than doulbled since last September.

when i asked why i'm told cause i'm using more energy, do i want a smart meter. 

I'm doing nothing different from any other year, wouldnt mind I changed from SSE to come over to SP as comapare site said i was better off by over £500 pounds more like. that has not been the case wished i had never moved. 

posted by BO | A month ago
I find this comoany too expensive. I have been charged nearly £1800 since l moved to them in January 2019. We shall be going to court to resolve.

posted by ewi | A month ago

I switched to Scottish Power from Engie uK about a month ago - I regret that now. The same issue with the opening meter readings: gas is fine, but electricity - not just missing the last number, but the number itself is wrong. The cannot claim that the old provider supplied this because the new provider (SP) should have provided the meter readings to Engie. 

I found it painful even to ensure that they got my opening meter readings right and captured correctly in their system in the first place - the mobile app did not save them. Had to call twice after because meter readings entered by the customer services team did not appear on my online account. 

I will keep everything in writing and email to SP.  This will be used to report them to Ofgem. Poor IT systems , poor service. 

posted by Davc | A month ago

@ewi   We all sympathise, those meter reading transfers can easily go wrong, If I was switching I would double check the change over readings as you have done, hope it gets sorted soon.

posted by scarlett2018 | A month ago

i think i have sent the wrong meter reading i have tried all ways to to contact scottish power without sucess

posted by Davc | A month ago

@scarlett2018   You should tell customer services 0800 027 0072