Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Wrong Starting Meter Reading - How to Correct This

Hi Simon, You are doing the right thing, and it is good that you have used the Community to look for similar problems and their solutions. I expect everything will be alright with your meter reading, but due to the holiday period it might take a week or so before it is corrected. I wish more people could do their research before asking questions that have been answered previously.

posted by jdmn55 | 5 months ago

I have been with Scottish Power for more than 10 years and have never been charged £1,500 for electricity. I always use products that saves electricity. However when I entered my meter reading on 30.12.18 I got the above bill. Would kindly like to know what is going on.

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

Hi, It sounds like you entered the wrong meter numbers to get a huge bill like that, 

posted by julie63 | 5 months ago

Hi all my last bill I got was £256.68 so phoned sp to speak to someone only to be told don't you use a lot of electric so I asked why for a quartley bill was over £600 then  to be told I was over £370 in credit then asked have I had a party or something been with sp for 35yrs and never had a bill like this  I think I've paid for the neighbours bills as well lol 

posted by helena | 5 months ago

I have also had the same problem, my bills have more than doulbled since last September.

when i asked why i'm told cause i'm using more energy, do i want a smart meter. 

I'm doing nothing different from any other year, wouldnt mind I changed from SSE to come over to SP as comapare site said i was better off by over £500 pounds more like. that has not been the case wished i had never moved.