Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Your account is still being setup. Please try again later.
Hold in there Bazza. It’s not a conspiracy only a foul up.
Highlighted

posted by rob1n | A year ago

I recieved an email from SP yesterday saying my account was now set up.I was told another email will come with new password.It's never arrived.Thats twice now they have said my account has been set up.before i could send in meter readings now i can't.They also told me yesterday I will be paying £42 a month according to extra energy records.This sum vastly underestimates what my monthly winter bill sould be.I estimate it should be about £120.So when i do get a proper account at this rate probably next year i will owe them a fortune.I still can't change provider i need an account..In the email yesterday they told me i had 14 days cooling of period if i wanted to change provider.The whole things a big joke.

Highlighted

posted by Repro | A year ago

@Davc wrote:
Hold in there Bazza. It’s not a conspiracy only a foul up.

Highlighted

posted by Hayfever | A year ago

Same problem for me. After Extra energy went bust I didnt even know until Scottish power rang and informed me. Anyway went through the set up process around Christmas and was told my account was set up and they would then send me out confirmation. Didnt hear anything or receive any confirmation but did notice a payment going out of my account. Rang them today to see if I could get details of what I am paying  for operator was quite nice but I was not too pleased to be told  that my bills would nearly be double i was paying yearly than previously with extra energy.  I said pleasee could I check the amounts etc and what I was paying for etc as i had not recieved anything via the post. It was then I was informed that my account was all online and that I could see the details by accessing my online account just as they could. I was OK with that until I tried to access itmy online account only to receive  that lovely message that says "Your account is still being set up. Please try again later"  Therefore I am now sort of stuck as I cannot access information about the present state of my account which I guess means I cannot switch until this is all sorted. How long does it take to sort out this transfer from extraenergy its been going on nearly 4 months with only verbal communications via the phone from Scottish Power surely thats just not professional enough when we are dealing with relatively large sums of money monthly and also with very important utilities. I know its extra energys fault but as the replacement company Scottish Power are not helping themselves by allowing customers like me to be messed around with.

Highlighted

posted by karma1 | 5 months ago

Decided to use Scottish power in new house, but after three weeks still says account settting up, why?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@karma1    Maybe they are waiting for an opening meter reading? Try phoning a reading in to see if it moves things along. 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@Polly   It’s not your fault try again a bit later. If you used a phone or tablet you could try with a laptop, and if you were using the app try with the internet account through a web browser. 

posted by CraigG | A month ago

Nearly 3 years later and the account still hasn't been set despite at 5 phone callsat the time of this and  every year I need to renew my tarrif total shambles of a company