Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Your account is still being setup. Please try again later.

posted by StephenM | A year ago

Hi there, 

I have looked and found a few other threads with this problem but have not been able to resolve it following the advice given on them. 

On the 12th of March I applied for an account online. I then received am email with a link to log in to my account and a temporary password. I followed the instructions and made my own password and was then told that my account was still being set up. Given that this is a rental property and the landlord had just closed their account so that we could open ours I assumed it would maybe take a few days for things to progress. I have checked every day and it still says the same. 

I have tried calling the customer support number but I don't have an account or agreement number to give them and cannot progress to a real person to discuss this. Is there another number or a way or finding out my account/agreement number?

Thank in advance. 

4 comments

posted by jbargh | 11 months ago
Re: Your account is still being setup. Please try again later.
I have this same problem. Did yours ever get resolved? Thanks

posted by StephenM | 11 months ago
Hi jbargh,

I actually did get this resolved! I emailed contactus@scottishpower.com with my problem and had it resolved in a few hours. I did not need an account number or any other details, they simply checked my email address and found my account set up but not properly registered on their system.

Hopefully you manage to get this resolved in the same manner.

posted by silver | 9 months ago
my account hasnt been set up properly since 10th Nov 2018! 3 complaints and numerous phone calls and I've still got no where! they just say we can see there is an issue and we will get back to you. I havnt paid a bill for 3 months and I'm stressing over how much debt I'm getting into! can anyone help?!

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

I cannot help get it registered but keep reminding SP and save enough money to pay off the bill when it comes, it will be higher than normal because of the cold weather, probably at least £500.