Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your account is still being setup. Please try again later.

posted by CraigG | A year ago

I moved into a new build in July and phoned to set up my account and was told this was done when I never received or conformation I called again in September when I went through the whole process of setting up account and gave serial numbers of both my meters again having received nothing back and out of the blue I get a text saying I have a bill when I go to log on I get the message above. So after 3 days trying to get through to the customer services number I eventually get through on my works time to be told I need to give the serial numbers again which is fine but I work long hours and every evening I try to get through on the phone I get a message to try again later as we are really busy, I was told to request a call back which I would be placed at the head of the queue now I have just went to book the call back and it says there is none availible till Saturday morning. All I want is to access my account to see what I am being charged for and the correct address on the account would be a handy addition also as I am now getting fed up being told it's all sorted and quite cleary it is not.

13 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Your account is still being setup. Please try again later.

Hi @CraigG  our customer service team can help you get this resolved. 

You can view our contact details by following this link and scrolling to the bottom of the page, you will be presented with the call and email options:

Capture.JPG

posted by onur | A year ago
I have the exact same problem. Phoned, emailed. Noone seems to have an idea.

posted by delMU | 3 months ago

i registered with Scottish power mid December last year. I still get your account is being set up whenever I try to log in. no bills came trough so far, direct debit wasnt setup. I'm worried we might face a 6 months bill with a short notice once the account will finaly be setup. Did you find a solution to this problem yet?

Many thanks,

Ioan

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

They are very busy with new accounts from Extra Energy. Just save enough money to pay off the bill when it comes ---£500?

posted by PaulT | A month ago

I have been with SP since Extra Energy went bust some 3 months ago and still can't log into my account.

I find this quite ridiculous and am seriously considering changing supplier.

posted by ffynnon4 | A month ago

'This is crazy! how can my account still being set up when I've already made a payment via the website  and entered meter readings and now suddenly I get the message  'your account is still being set up'.  Phoning to try and get it sorted just results in 'we are receiving high volume of calls' and then cut off. Very poor customer service.  Starting to regret taking this option when Extra Energy went bust and will be looking to switch asap.

posted by Colin66 | A month ago
I'm having the same issue and just wish to leave. Horrible company

posted by rob1n | A month ago

Seemingly like hundreds of ex extra energy customers we are still waiting for our accounts to be set up.I have waited since last november I have sent in meter readings and my direct debit information all to no avail.I can't even change supplier.It seems to me your keeping us in limbo to get as much money as possible before we all change our supplier from this rotten useless company.I don't even know what tariff i am on so when the first bill do'es come in i will have to pay it blind it is a terrible situation.I will not hold my breath waiting for a reply to this.I will be getting in touch with Offgen.Ian reid.

posted by Bazza56789 | A month ago

Got one step further, finally got an email saying that my transfer from extra energy is complete, and that my Scottish power account has finally been set up YESSSSSSS!

so I try to log on ........... you've guessed it ...........YOUR ACCOUNT IS STILL BEING SET UP. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER Grrrrrrrrr

I called customer services to be told it's a system error, and that I shouldn't have received th email in the first place.

Most people which have had a forced migration from Extra energy to Scottish power were probably like me, cost concious and prepared to shop around. I feel that SP are keeping us prisoners being shackled to their extortionate tarriffs.