Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find your standing and unit charges within your contract

posted by gdw48 | 4 months ago

I have asked S/P to send me a copy of my contract. all it tells me is my monthly D/D and how it is split between the dual fuels. i want to  see what my charges   ie daily standing charge and unit rate  are based on within the contract but i cant find them any where. Suggestions please.

5 comments

posted by whiteowl | 4 months ago
Re: how to find your standing and unit charges within your contract

Look at your bill it has all this on it. Can't remember having a contract at all. When i signed up i knew what the charges were and made sure this was on my bill.   

posted by gdw48 | 4 months ago
As i have only been with S/P for a few days, i will not as yet receive any bills as such, am not even sure how they bill. ?? monthly. 3 month or 6 monthly or is it a rolling thing. they just are not forward in coming with any information that is why want to know but other than sending a to be signed for letter i am at a loss.
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Hi gdr, SP billing is normally quarterly, if you want a bill now send in readings and this will produce a bill for your up to date situation. The bill will also confirm your tariff name and terms.

posted by Kirsty1988 | 4 months ago

Dear Sir /Madam       Re-   account  No 82453387018

I have sent you a gas and electric meter readings on the 22.3.2019 and this is my first readings with my new smart meter . My last readings with the old meters are

Gas = 5135 cubic feet

Electric day = 4798 kwh

Electric night = 714kwh

My new smart meter readings are

Gas = 130 cubic metres

Electric  day =204kwh

Electric night = 43kwh

You have charged me =£187.16 for my gas when it should have been  =£67.37

You have charged me =£132.69 for my electricity when it should have been =£53.03

Regarding the gas it looks like you have used cubic feet instead of cubic metres

Regarding the electricity  I really dont know what you have done but by calculation  you have it very wrong 

So could you please rectify this mistake as soon as possible or you will be putting me in more debit than I should be

Also could you please have my electric smart meter changed from night and day to day only I did reqest this on the 22.2.2019 with a gentlman called pratyush by email

Thankyou  looking forward to your reply

Yours Miss Kirsty Williams

posted by whiteowl | 4 months ago

I am sorry  kirsty1988 foryour trouble but you will wait a very long time for sp to reply as they dont  respond to this forum. You will have to phone them up to get any response as we cant deal with your account.