Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meter keys

posted by Carlielouisepor | A year ago

does anyone know if scottish power will send out keys for the meter cupboards free of charge, have searched the sight but cant find an answer anywhere Smiley Sad

7 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: meter keys

Hi @Carlielouisepor, we can arrange for a new meter key to be sent out to you.  If you contact our customer service team they can arrange this for you Smiley Happy

posted by Anniesteph | 10 months ago

I have misplaced my meter key and need to get hold of a new one.  Please can I be sent one?

Anne Mason

posted by Ernie_C | 10 months ago

As per the guidance in the post above yours, you’ll need to contact customer services.

posted by kenny1947 | 8 months ago

this week i have tried 2 new keys in my electricity meter and all i get is error d4 what is wrong please, i hope its not complicated as i am 72 and dont fully understand technicle chat.thanks.

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

For error codes on meter keys look at this link

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/help-and-support/meters/monthly-or-quarterly/faq/what-does-the-message-on-my-meter-mean

D4 may just mean your key needs to be wiped free of dust  

Highlighted

posted by Energy1 | 3 months ago
Returned home.No meter key has been received in the post today. Customer service busy and then not responding Called the emergency number and was given a number for Actavo and left a voicemail. Can anyone advise?

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Actavo is a smart meter installer. I think you need SP customer service but they don’t operate on Sunday. You have to wait until Monday. Are you in the middle of a smart meter installation? If you have an online account you might be able to pay on line and make the meter work. Smart meter PAYG does not use keys, you update on line.
Sorry can’t help any more, it might be a cold weekend for you.