Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move gas and electric meters

posted by benn0716 | A year ago

I am having some building work and need to move my gas and electric meters to a new location. I am struggling to find the relevant contact information to organise this. Any help greatly appreciated

11 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: move gas and electric meters

Hi @benn0716, I'd suggest you contact our customer service team who will be able to help arrange this for you.  You can contact them by email via this link https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/contact/email.process?execution=e3s1 or by phone 0800 027 0072

Highlighted

posted by jofarkle | A year ago

Dont bother, got told to ring national grid, they cant help.

posted by Davc | A year ago

You need to speak to the supply people, SP is your commercial provider and in our area SP Energy Networks does the physical wiring - they are separate companies. It is like the difference between BT and Openreach- one is the commercial provider and the other sorts out the cables regardless of who supplies your telecoms. 

In our area gas hardware is provided by Wales and West utilities. You can find out who does your power hardware by looking on the internet.

You were misled by being told to speak to National Grid.

Hi again. An afterthought, a local central heating company will know who your hardware suppliers are and may well do the job under contract to them. My neighbour had a meter moved by a local contractor with the agreement of the authorities.

posted by jonasz | A year ago
Re: move electric meters

I changed the house on May 15th. I would like to provide the meter's status every month

Hi Jonasz, you can send in meter readings whenever you want to, a lot of people do it monthly. Sending regular meter readings means you never get estimates.

posted by jonathon | A year ago

i want my gas meter moved from outside to inside my propeety. not because im having building work but because where the meter is is in a blind spot as i reverse or pull up my drive and the protective box is broken

Hi. Read the tread above for advice. 

posted by SPsuck | 9 months ago

if you want to get meters moved then switch from Scott power to another company as they never come back to you and book and cancel you appointments and just send letters / emails to cancel without offeringg another date, plus when you call them you will be half an hour on hold 

worst company ever