Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving to a home with different provider

posted by papaga | A year ago

Hello all,

I'm moving to a new flat which is not supplied by Scottish Power and I would like to keep it that way. I would like to provide final meter readings and pay the final bill for my old flat, but the relevant online form assumes I am going to stay with Scottish Power for my new flat, too. Is there any way I can supply final readings and opt out from Scottish Power?


Top answer

posted by  Gordon | A year ago
Re: moving to a home with different provider

Hi @papaga, you can actually just stop the process after submitting your new home details and final meter readings. We do need the details of your new address so that we can send on any final bills or correspondance. If it is easier for you our customer service team can complete this over the phone on 0800 027 0072 or send us an email www.scottishpower.co.uk/email 


posted by Waylander | A year ago
moving home as renting out current property
hi , I’m struggling to determine how to close my account as I’m moving out of current property to rent it out today. I am not going to be the bill payer at my new address but the online form asks for new address for supply. I only want to submit today’s reading and close account as tenant will be responsible for bill, please can you assist ?