Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: prepayment electricity meter display blank
@johnpritch. Sorry we can’t help you from this customer community. Send your message to
Contactus@scottishpower.com

posted by traceyok | A year ago
Hi I have the same issue trying to get in touch

posted by Alex84 | A year ago

Hello I have the same problem went blank in march after a few minutes powercut. Been calling every two-four weeks and nothing Smiley Sad 

posted by Jan76 | A year ago
I have had this problem for nearly 2 years now, seems like there is hundreds in the same position. Spoke to a meter reader last week who told me they want everyone on a smart meter that is why they won’t replace the meter & it’s nothing to do with not having parts for it.

I understand that fair enough however I live in a council block so there is no chance having central heating therefore they have to change it! But now they have the Covid-19 to use as an excuse as every single phone call ends with that we are not doing it due to Covid. Well I wonder I am a first responder if I should stop responding due to Covid ?
Ps.: sorry for my rant it’s just unbelievable cos mark my words they will want money and I for one not prepared to pay thousands or be in debt for years cos I need to take monthly payments to them

posted by Jan76 | A year ago
I still pay using my key they money stays on it & that’s how they get a record of payments but they can’t get reading From the meter & the first time they send me a bill I will go to energy watch & complain about it. They did try to pressure me into having a smart meter at the start but I refused.

posted by elsie72 | A year ago

I had this exact same problem at my last property, which I moved out of in July. The prepayment meter was blank for the whole time that I lived there (two years). I kept ringing SP to tell them that the meter needed to be changed. because I wasn't paying for my electicity (there was no way for me to pay for it!). SP never did anything about it. I wasted many hours of my life on the phone to them and became very anxious about the problem. One month after moving out I received a bill from them for just under £2000. The bill is dated from September 2018 to July 2020. It says on the bill that it is for a period of longer than twleve months, even though it is against the law for energy companies to backdate bills more than twelve months if the billing issue was a problem from their end (see Ofgem's backbilling regulations). Total shambles. So stressful. 

@Davc wrote:
@johnpritch. Sorry we can’t help you from this customer community. Send your message to
Contactus@scottishpower.com

posted by Deepa21 | A year ago
I have the exact same issue. For all the people trying to contact Scottish Power during covid, the number is...
It is useless to speak to them. They said due to UK being in a lock down, they will not visit anyone's House unless there is an emergency (no electricity supply).
In that case, you phone them up again, they will arrive and fix it within a few hours. If there is a power cut in the future, the box will go blank again leaving you with the same issue.
I did say the government guidelines are different for each region and they should work according to it. They said to me it is what the government has asked them to do. When I asked for where on the government website, I got told because they are Scottish Power, they follow Scotland guidelines. Once again they lied as the country is not in a complete lock down like we were in March.
After an agonizing call, the only solution is go to the shop to top up my key as normal. As long as I keep topping it up, they will be able to see my credit and won't cut off the supply. I will have to ask the shop for my balance each time (if they can see it) or call them every time for the balance

Hi all,

I don't even have a key from them they promised they will send me one back in April but that never happened. Of course I have called and called again and again but always the same last time I have had a girl called Hayley on the phone my god the rudeness doesn`t cover it. She did not wanted to talk or come up with any solution, she never gave me the government's fault speech instead she said it is the engineering companies who wouldn't attend I asked for a number for them companies and hold and behold of course i can not get them. I do not understand, why not let me speak to them let me ask them why not but obviously is because is not them.
I am very disappointed. I know I can shove my disappointment where the sun doesn't shine, because they certainly does not care.

posted by KevF1 | 12 months ago

Apparently we had a power cut after I left for work this morning and now the screen is blank. Reading through all the comments the meter will need replacing but Scottish Power won't visit whilst covid is around! So it looks like I can either:

A) Not pay for credit and let the bill build up till I move 

or

B) Keep topping it up as normal and having no idea if I'm in credit or not

Far from satisfactory from Scottish Power!