Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart meter still not working

posted by f7 | A year ago

we had a smart meters installed weeks ago, however the fellow said someone would have to return to "commission" the meters , so far we have heard nothing, anyone any idea how long it takes.

thanks

4 comments

posted by christineg | 5 months ago
Re: smart meter still not working
Im not surprised no comments what a farce this company is, kept waiting for endless time ,I reported my smart meter wasnt working months ago was told to leave ot off for 2 days then turn back on still nothing ,they dont answer emails and i have been on the phone waiting for nearly an hour to try and speak to someone ,SP you are a joke of a company

posted by Gillyallan | 5 months ago
I know they will never be seen as great but what the heck has happened to them this year? Have they been taken over again or reduced staff?
Ironically the only thing that works is this community chat and I feel they like this as complaints are hidden within here and not out in the open as such.

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@Gillyallan   It seems you are right, apparently they have no faith in their IHD displays and have stopped issuing them, and the app has gone completely wrong. So there is no way of keeping track of consumption except to manually read your meters and keep a graph of the readings.  Your meters should be still sending in data to SP but if they have failed for one of many reasons, you can only manually read them and send in the readings yourself.

Is there a reason for all this, we can only suppose it is Covid which has reduced the staff numbers who can work close to each other.

posted by Gillyallan | 5 months ago
It's my gas one mainly that doesn't send the data. I manually put the reading in previous weekend but I looked again on Friday and it's quoting the previous reading saying it successfully read it.
I once again put the right reading in and wait to see what happens.