Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage heaters 3 readings help please

posted by Graham09 | A week ago

HI Everyone 

I am sure this has been spoken about before, I have had a trawl through the forum but just got confused

anyhoo, mum has just moved into sheltered housing with electric storage heaters and there are three different readings . I phoned SP to organise going on a fixed tarrif but they said she has to stay on the standard one.

I have tried to move supppliers but they wont take her on due to the 3 readings

SP wont alter the meters to allow her to go onto a different tarrif or move suppliers

its a one bedroom sheltered housing and october to december bill has just come in at £178 which is way to high for a pensioner

I have only had gas heating and this is proving very confusing and appears that SP have us totally over a barrel with the tarriff

can anyone help at all please

thanks

4 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago
Re: storage heaters 3 readings help please

@Graham09    You have a Comfort Plus system unique to SP. It is to your advantage to switch to  a standard Economy 7 system and SP will change your meter but it is a long process. Search for Comfort Plus in the Community. Maybe the sheltered housing company are the best people to tackle this.  

october to december was only 5 weeks not the 8 weeks it sounds - sorry for confusion

thanks so much Davc

Hi folks

Toil readings last night and this morning:-

Comfort - 28233 and 28277
Day. - 11017 and 11017
Night. - 07161 and 07162

So from reading the forum it appears can't move to another tarriff with either SP or anyone else

If I can get sheltered housing to allow a meter changes what does that mean, does SP do the change and we pay them. This then allows us to get access to normal storage heating tarriffs

It appears some of the neighbors have taken out the living room storage heater and replaced it with electric bar fire

Thanks so much for any help