Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by fredom | A year ago
Re: submitting gas meter reading in m3 not kwh.

Hi I have been trying to contact you regarding my large energy bill with no success, I think I have submitted my readings in 3m not kWh  can you please help.  My account no is 16087662898   Thank you 

posted by Davc | A year ago

@fredom   Gas meter readings should be sent in cubic metres, cu m or m3 as they are called.  kWh would be 11.25 times too large and would give huge bills. 
This is a community forum, we do not know anything about your account details.

You can contact SP on 0800 027 0072

posted by bbarnard70 | 4 weeks ago

After noticing that my usage had increased considerably, I checked my bills against my usage. I submit my meter readings monthly and from January to June, my bills matched my usage. From June, my bills have been a lot higher than my usage. Following a test where I took my meter reading and my kWh readings before and after 30 minutes, I found that I had used 6 units and also 6 kwh. My usage also showed 6 kWh used. When I looked closely at my meter reading for units, in the bottom corner it says KWh. It appears that at some point my unit reading has changed from units to kWh (around the same time as my tariff changed. After an hour and a half on the phone to Scottish power customer services they were adamant that the bills are correct and that the units used are correct.

anyone else had a similar issue?

posted by DavC1 | 4 weeks ago

@bbarnard70   Are you talking about your gas meter?  Gas readings are always given as cubic metres or m3.   There are roughly 11 kWh of gas in one m3. The cost of your gas is priced in kwh but the readings are alway m3  

Electricity readings are always given as kWh.   A unit of electricity is 1 kWh.