Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

submitting gas meter reading in m3 not kwh.

posted by Salvador | 6 months ago

Hi,

I just joined recently and think I have submitted my initial and subsequent meter reading for gas in m3 not Kwh. I cannot seem to find an email address to send this query to, and the phone lines are super busy. Does anyone know who I can contact directy as I suspect I need to speak to Scottish Power rather than a community board (great though the boards are!)

Thanks...

5 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: submitting gas meter reading in m3 not kwh.

Hi Salvador, do not worry the usual way to send in gas meter readings is cubic metres exactly as they are displayed on your meter. Scottish Power do all the conversions to kwh. 

posted by Salvador | 5 months ago

Thanks, I'll just carry on like that. Hopefully Smart meter soon anyhow. Thanks!

posted by anothervictim | 5 months ago

Do not get a smart meter I have been trying to get a refund for an 82 year old widow for three months she ended up £1966 in credit on March 19th. On March 20th she received 5 bills in one day which by some miracle came to exactly £ 1967 . They said it was correct as she stays in a 1 bedroom pensioners house there was no way she could have used this amount. We have found out in the last week they lost her gas meter .She had an imperial meter measuring in cubic feet but she was being charged for a metric meter which measures in cubic metres which is three times more.

posted by dg7777 | 5 months ago

Beware, Scottish Power will rip you off with incorrect gas bill calculations. I have a smart meter (m3) and am being charged for imperial meter readings which are 2.83 x as much. Remember a lot of imperial meters are measured in 100 ft3 not ft3. They also take forever to correct the bill. I am still waiting a month later and customer service is atrocious.

I dread to think how many other people this has happened to who arent aware of the issue.

Move to another supplier

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

100 cu ft is 2.83 cu m. 

The change of units should happen automatically when your new smart meter is recognised by the system.

Saying SP are ripping you off is unhelpful, do you really think a major company would bother to fool its customers on purpose? If you think you have been wrongly charged because of the meter change then raise it, it sounds as if you have already done this and are waiting for the credit to your next bill which sounds fine to me.