cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Unhappy019 | 4 months ago
Re: update on outstanding Extra Energy credit balances for SP customers

"no idea how long it will take"

Did they ever have any idea how long it would take? ALL involved are an utter shambles and a total disgrace.

The very least SP should do is a mass email to ALL their new ExEn customers updating them and putting their mind at rest. They won't though.

I've voted with my feet, well.... Unable to leave SP as theres an outstanding balance. Any direct debit they try and set up (which they can't because they have my details wrong on the system) will be cancelled. Then any action they try and take which may result in my credit score being affected or threatening letters will result in a complaint to them and a resolution which results in me being compensated and having their threatening letter/mark on my credit score undone.

Everyone should follow suit because after all, just think of the amount of eldery/severely handicapped people out of the 100k ExEn customers who are distressed and don't know where to turn because their credit balances have vanished and not been transferred over.

Do SP care about them or any of us who are owed money? No.

Mark my words here, every single ExEn customer will be entitled to compensation. Just start the complaint up with SP. 

If it's not the overall lack of correspondance, it's the awful phone and email support which often means no reply or waiting too long on the phone and giving up. 

There is no possible way for them to dispute the facts and they will provide compensation to avoid it going to the ombudsman. 

What really makes me hate SP though? The fact they have lots of complaints from ExEn customers about the way it's been handled including the lack of contact, then they appologise, offer compenstion....and then.... You would think lessons learned? Nope, the same old silence. 

posted by JFR | 4 months ago

Still waiting on my refund.  Understand that this is not an SP problem but any info SP have should be posted to keep us in the loop.   I'm actually happy that I moved to a much better deal with SP.  Any info on the refunds would be appreciated 

posted by Dolly2016 | 2 months ago

I have been waiting  November 2018 since extra energy went bust still owed a balance of over £200 has anyone had any credit that was owed i have had no correspondence at all from anyone given up ringing Scottish power

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

@Dolly2016    Have a look around the Community posts. A lot of people have had their credits. The deadline is said to be August so maybe not long before yours comes through. It has taken far too long but supposed to be due to chaotic EE accounts.