Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update on outstanding Extra Energy credit balances for SP customers

posted by misspea | 9 months ago

I've just spoken to someone at SP about my Extra Energy credit balance and mentioned that someone had posted here that Ofgen say balances should have transfered by now and to raise a complaint.

She was very helpful. Logged my complaint, gave me a reference number and someone should be phoning me Tuesday evening. She said the administrators are stalling and there's nothing SP can do but wait for them to send the money over to them. SP have no idea how long it will take.

Said that credit balances will be refunded to customers who have switched/closed their SP account - either by bank transfer or (if bank DD has been cancelled) by cheque (though a cheque refund will take longer.

Thought this might help anyone trawling through the various threads to see the most up-to-date information.

13 comments

posted by Lucybella | 8 months ago
Re: update on outstanding Extra Energy credit balances for SP customers

HI,

i think its a ig ask to wait for our balances from EEnergy for nearly 6 months now no comunication really bad.

posted by Tracy | 8 months ago

Every time I speak to SP they say next month. Now they are saying the beginning of May. We have switched to Bulb as they are much cheeper and customer service is better, I dont have to wait for 40 Mins to speak to someone which is what has been happening to SP

posted by Jasmine17 | 8 months ago

I am concerned that I have not yet received a statement regarding the credit on my previous extra energy account.  I have read the numerous complaints from other customers and it seems that nobody has received a refund and there is some doubt that the money owed will ever be refunded.  I think that a statement should be given explaining the delay and provide some assurance that the problem is being dealt with.  I have two accounts with Scotish Power which will be cancelled if I fail to receive a satisfactory response.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

There is a link on the main web page

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/extra-energy

Credits are guaranteed to be returned as set up by Ofgem (the government) It is not a simple matter just to complain and expect an instant refund. There are always casualties in bankruptcies and at least your money is guaranteed to be eventually returned unlike other creditors. 

posted by Drewe | 8 months ago

We have still not received our money from extra energy which is more than £200  but scottish power have taken £328 32 from our bank to cover their charges  plus £109 last month   we are pensioners and can ill afford to lose this money  what is going on !!!!!

posted by misspea | 8 months ago

There’s nothing to stop anyone switching. You will not lose your credit by doing so. I ditched SP months ago to go on a much cheaper tariff and much better service and website. It just means any refund will be sent by cheque rather than straight to bank account . I’ve decided for my own peace of mind not to a) believe any of SP’s changing goalposts and b) expect for a long time (ever?) the large refund I’m owed. It was taking over my life and is the only way I have been able to ‘move on’. Having said that, the whole way we’ve been dealt with is disgusting and it’s easier said than done not to let the anger and frustration take root.

posted by mbigg | 7 months ago

I have just spoken to PWC who said they said that they have not received the accounts from EE or SP as yet.  they are in discussions with SP at present but have no idea how long it will take.

posted by georgejames | 6 months ago

I had a balance in excess of £250 with Extra Energy and am still waiting for it to appear on my Scottish Power bills. Last week I saw an episode of Watchdog where an ex Extra Energy customer appeared with the same complaint and was miraculously dealt with within days. How come!

posted by ExExtraEnergy1 | 6 months ago

I also saw the Watchdog program, where is my Money Scottish power? My bills have gone up to £150 per month from circa £100 and I was in credit. No one ever answers the phone. Time to jump ship soon I think.