Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

warm home discount

posted by lesley1962 | 7 months ago

Hi I recieved the warm home discount,I use the same ammount of electricity all the year round,but I have gas central heating in my 1 bed bungalow,I am on the priority  list thing as I have numerous health problems one of them being COPD and orthioarthritis, I phoned to ask if I can get it put onto my gas account,as I am with scottish power on my 2 accounts         ,the woman said no they don't do that its for the electricity...So it looks like I am still stuck with just putting my central heating on for an hour in the morning , then another hour at night,surely that can't be right,I don't have an electic fire,fan heater or anything so I am still going to  freeze!

13 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
Re: warm home discount
@lesley1962. You can ask SP to give you a dual fuel account, it is slightly cheaper than having separate gas and electric. Probably your new dual account will be in credit which you can use for the gas part of the bill.
Highlighted

posted by lesley1962 | 7 months ago
ok thank you very much for your help, I pay using separate paypoint cards and pay every week, ive done it this way for years so will leave it as I am used to paying this way,will pay less into my electric and add the difference to my gas card...cheers for the help
Highlighted

posted by Broon351 | 7 months ago
How will I know if my warm home discount has been applied my bills different but it's not showing on my app
Highlighted

posted by whiteowl | 7 months ago

@Broon35It will be on your elec account as a credit, if you generate a bill, and it may be best to look on online account as the app may not be working very good and may not update regularlysome people have reported.

Highlighted

posted by PKS75 | 6 months ago

I have been advised to enquire about Warm Home Discount.  I am a widow, living on a pension, and on my own.  I have also received details from SP that my energy bills are going up by £18-£20 per month, and also mentioned that readings have been taken from my Smart meter, which I don't have.  The reason I changed to SP was because my bills have been cheaper!!!  

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@PKS75    You will be able to apply for winter 20/21 later this year.  The scheme for this winter has closed now, sorry. 

Highlighted

posted by MARCUS1974 | 6 months ago
Highlighted

posted by raysue | 6 months ago
Still haven’t received my warm home discount and every body I know already have
Highlighted

posted by davefife | 6 months ago

I STILL HAVENT RECEIVED MY WARM HOME DISCOUNT,DWP BLAME SP & SP BLAME DWP,WHAT A JOKE AS EVERYONE ELSE I KNOW HAVE RECEIVED THEIRS,WHAT A DISGRACE ESPECIALLY AT A TIME LIKE THIS WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS,SHOCKING & DISGUSTING!