Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

why do i keep having estimate readings when i have a smart meter and should not have to do readings

posted by lesleychoc | A year ago
20 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: why do i keep having estimate readings when i have a smart meter and should not have to do readi
Hi Lesley. Read the community posts and you will find a lot of reasons for sending readings-you should do it if you are asked to.
Highlighted

posted by Freddie | 8 months ago
Re: why do i keep having estimate readings when i have a smart meter and should not have to do readi
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

@Freddie   Could be a new installation not yet activated or transmission problems. Set your readings update to daily or half hourly, monthly is not frequent enough.

Highlighted

posted by alandobbins | 7 months ago

I have told you before I have a smart meter but I can not read it 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

@alandobbins     Meter readings are on your hand held display, and on the actual meter if you press its buttons. If you still have a problem talk to customer service 0800 027 0072. 

Highlighted

posted by Caroline61 | 7 months ago

Which buttons do I press on the smart meter (electricity) itself? Also, on the IHD?

Highlighted

@Caroline61    Your ihd shows the meter reading in the top right corner of the screen. The electricity meter button should be obvious but if there is a number pad press 9 to get the reading  

Highlighted

posted by owen | 7 months ago

mine has not worked since it was installed I dont even think it was ever tested as my useage graph showes I have not used anything since September  when I gave them the last reading.After Spending hours on the   phone trying to get in touch I gave up . I am expected to go on line to learn how to use it.So they make money while I do their job

Highlighted

@owen. That’s right we have to do our own meter readings these days, send in manual readings or you will get estimates. Tell SP that your smart meters are not sending data and need to be commissioned.